Cox Communications Inbound Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Inbound Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.3

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

STAR format - Situation or Task, Action you took, and the results to demonstrate customer focus and problem solving capabilities. The supervisors were very friendly and inviting. The working atmosphere seemed relaxed but overall enjoyable. The questions were generic/required by the company but in my humble opinion, they were insightful for the employer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you forgot to do something for a customer...
    What is the hardest part of sales?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Typical interview process where you are asked a series of questions pertaining to your experience, and examples of how you resolved conflict and or stress situations at a previous job. What are your strengths/ weaknesses etc. Allows you to ask questions at the end of interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you influenced the sale of a product to a potential buyer. What efforts did you make to close the sell?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Not to different from your regular job interview, but you will have a couple people in the room asking you basic interviewer, interviewie questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for the position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

You start by applying online only, not in person, and then you're invited to take an assessment online ,followed up by a 15 minute phone call, then in person interview at the corporate office whereby you may be met with anywhere between 1 person to up to 5 people. They are huge fans of having panel interviews whereby each person in the panel will ask a STAR question. They ask about your experience and then do situational, STAR based questions, they then thank you for your time, and I got a phone call from my recruiter that I spoke to over the phone and then job offer 2 weeks later. Some people get hired on the spot, some people wait, in my case I had to wait almost 2.5 weeks to have my offer.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you went above and beyond, how you dealt with a poor customer experience, how you saved a customer, how you sold something to someone who said no continually.   Answer Question

Negotiation

prepare star based examples and situations from your past relevant to the skills/job requirements for the job your applying to.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 people at the Crossways location which they now do not use that location for interviews. It seemed very comfortable to me and it did not take much over 30 minutes. I was very relaxed and felt the questions were relevant to the job I applied for

Interview Questions

• All were based on a certain questioning format but none were difficult   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Online application was a pain, e-mail from recruiter to set up phone, online and another phone interview. Online test can be taken from home. Keep in touch with your recruiter. Typical sales and customer services interview questions. Background check and drug test. Hiring paperwork. Training is two months. Hours need to be flexible.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales and customer services interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Orange, CA).

Interview

Structured questions seemed to be lacking my capabilities. I didn't feel like my sales skills were being evaluated and I was being judged on an interview structure instead. Found out later I was passed up by another external person, this seems to be a trend with the company.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Must apply online, then take an online assessment, telephone interview, next is the drug test,set face to face interview with two managers and wait for a decision...can take up to 3 months

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were right and the manager was wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from somebody in the hiring dept to set up an interview. Showed up on time, but waited for about 15-20 minutes to be called into the interviewer's office. The interviewer was wearing cargo shorts, a casual polo and had a big Sonic drink the whole time which kind of threw me off. He was nice, though.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions were how-would-you-handle-this-situation scenarios, what are you looking for here?, what can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Took another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Two interviewers each had about 5 questions. Very straight forward, answers were expected to be in the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action and Result. Pleasant environment, large conference room with no windows so there wasn't any distractions. Both interviewers seemed to be excited to be there. That means a lot because I have been in an interview where the orator was yawning the whole time and I asked her if the pre-scheduled appointment time was a bad one and if she wanted me to come back when she was better prepared. After the interview, it took a couple weeks for an offer. I almost gave up on the job because it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where you find your co worker stealing from the company   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of you going above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer