Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online, took assessment testing, waiting for interview ... waited close to two months for response to application; knowledge test and personality test were straight forward, but final test (a call center simulation) was glitch and surprisingly low-tech for a company as big as cox.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2017.

Interview

Phone call with someone for introduction. Over phone technical interview in about 2 weeks. Start with questions and then go to coding. Coding test was online in no particular language.

Interview Questions

• Specifics to Swift language, how this or that works, what is difference between struct and class, memory management, circular references, optionals, etc.   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Application sent in online. I Did an online assessment which took about 30-45 min. A phone interview was given, then a week later a face to face interview. After all these steps I was called the day after the interview to be told good or bad.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult time with a fellow employee. And how did you handle it? Steps.   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview. Couple questions asked and answered.. but not hired after an online assessment test and screening. There was a pretend phone call, and quiz. Lot of personality questions, what would u do questions.

Interview Questions

• How do u sale to a person not wanting to buy your product   Answer Question

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2017.

Interview

I went through one initial screening with Human Resources, followed by a 30-40 minute face to face with a Manager. Lastly, met with a panel of 3 people who asked about 45-60 minutes of Star format questions.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about what we offer in this role?   Answer Question

Order Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

First step is a phone interview
    2nd step is a panel interview where the use the STAR method.
    I told about a time I dealt with an upset customer. Explained what I did to resolve the issue and explained what the outcome of the situation was

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process has multiple steps. If they choose your resume you will need to take a two part online test that takes about an hour. If you pass the text you will then be asked to have a phone interview. This is where I messed up I replied to the email rather than the email address provided. Needless to say by the time I realized my mistake I had already missed the deadline.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Hmmmm, how can I put this. Horrible, from the start the recruiter commented that I didn't know enough about the company and said I should have done my homework. Um isn't that part of the first round, learning about the company! Then she told me that for the future I should spend sometime researching the company. My background is huge companies in the realm of Microsoft (former company) so I think I know how to research. Then as she told me about the role I mentioned that I thought I might be too senior for the role and when I told her my salary she said good luck because in this particular market I would never get that amount. The whole call was ridiculous and she was absurd. Gimme a break!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about an interview after about two weeks. Had the interview with three team leaders. Told me they would let me know within a couple of weeks. Never heard back.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Roanoke, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

So far I have not had an in person interview but they are very carefull to not waste their time or my time. I have had a phone interview and completed multiple assessments.