Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.9

Business Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Beware of the manager. He will lie to get you in the door. a promise for 100k with a business position is an utter lie. no leads given. Easy interview. If you're young they wont accept you. very old aged company, not growing with the times.

Uht Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It's in star format. Totally senseless questions. They make you feel intimidated and basically set you up for failure. Your dealing with a blue collar group here so don't try to be to flashy because it will probably go right over their heads. Just be yourself. If they like your persona then chances are you will be selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were dealing with somebody that was upset. What was the situation and how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 in person interviews. The first interview went well all STAR format questions. The Second interview was exactly like the first one, and asked basically the same questions. Was hired about a month after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you learned a new skill and how you used it   Answer Question

Senior IT Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications in April 2017.

Interview

HR said the interview would be in the STAR format but did not say the interviewer would stare at his computer throughout the interview. It started out with a little chit chat. Then, he started typing just about every word I said from the first question, which was supposed to be an ice breaker. Completely threw me off guard. Hardly any interaction or conversation.

The next round (same day, two interviewers) was a little more conversational. Still, they read questions off an HR form of some kind. Notes were written instead of typed which leant itself to being slightly more interactive.

Interview Questions

• How do you define a fast-paced environment.   1 Answer
    • If you had to choose between "good and on time" or "late and perfect," which would you choose.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you failed a stakeholder and had to recover the relationship.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you failed in mentoring someone.   1 Answer
    • The company is incredibly diverse. How do you handle working with people of different ethnic backgrounds, religions, etc.   1 Answer
    • Explain your RFP process.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Providence, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter 1st. The recruiter had my resume on file (or so they said)... anyways, they set up an interview for me and told me it was a face to face interview with (we'll call her Dianne because I forgot her name) Dianne. They didn't tell me the interview was with Dianne and another person, so I wasn't expecting that. One person was on a laptop the whole interview while chiming in every so often to ask a question here and there. The other person asked the majority of the questions while Dianne, the person behind the laptop just stared with a dead look. They asked me if I had a resume, I didn't have a hard copy on me. That was completely my fault. I don't own a printer. The recruiter said they had one, that's how they was able to pull my work history but when Dianne checked, she said there was none.

Customer Service Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

After I applied online i received a request to take one of their online tests that consists of vocabulary and math problems. The next morning I received a request to set up a phone interview that happened the same day. The following day I went in for an in person interview. During the in person interview I was sat in a small conference room with the hiring manager and 1 other person who was conferenced in through the phone. Overall the interview process is pretty basic and they focus all on the STAR format.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

It was an interview with the Director of HR, then a follow-up interview with the Director of IT. Simple questions as it was an intern position. I was hired without a background check. I was also invited back to work where I remained for 4 years.

Honesty helps. The IT Director appreciated me answering a question with "I don't know" He said most of his employees would never say that.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

After completing the application I was routed to a personality assessment. It was not complicated, the regular personality test asking questions like "most people would steal if they knew they could get away with it", and you are supposed to agree or disagree. I passed so I got an email to schedule and interview, everything was done via email, even the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'd ever had to explain technical information to someone at a higher position to me.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem with having to meet sales goals?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online, took assessment testing, waiting for interview ... waited close to two months for response to application; knowledge test and personality test were straight forward, but final test (a call center simulation) was glitch and surprisingly low-tech for a company as big as cox.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2017.

Interview

Phone call with someone for introduction. Over phone technical interview in about 2 weeks. Start with questions and then go to coding. Coding test was online in no particular language.

Interview Questions

• Specifics to Swift language, how this or that works, what is difference between struct and class, memory management, circular references, optionals, etc.   1 Answer