Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview being that I'm out of state. The questions were very hard when trying to answer them in the STAR format. I was literally sweating. The interviewer Sonya and Shannon were pretty relaxed and laid back. I practiced with the question that the recruiter sent me but it was entirely different. I was expecting the over and beyond question. I had the perfect answer for it, in my previous job i went above and beyond that i was actually wined and dined from a company, the guy even wrote to his CEO in Spain. His entire business ran off the internet and his personal router was giving him trouble it was an amazing feeling. I also received several thank you cards from my customers some contained money. Based on the questions they asked, i dont think ill get an offer. I however was hired and received an offer from them before but i had death after death in my family and I didn't think my mental state was well enough for me to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a goal that you've met? Why Cox? tell me a time when the rules changed and you weren't in agreement with? Tell me a skill of yours? The questions are easy to answer but when thinking of the STAR format it just threw me completely off with my answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was given a very brief summary of the job. I was told partial information about the job and what would actually be included. They don't have an on site HR so they have team leaders interview you. They tell you more about the benefits because turn over is high, it's a hard job so the can't keep employees. They also want you to sell heavily and show your selling skills in the interview, every interview process is different.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you called in to work in the last year?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Breifly behaviour questions, asked about your previous work experience. like how did you face the problems like group issue. what do you think its most important to achieve success?

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about five to ten mins long, nothing too technical. Ask two troubleshooting questions. And the rest was based off of personality. Very straight forward and short.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter, interviewed with Hiring Manager. the job was postponed therefore I was informed that the position was on hold after about a month I was contacted again, interviewed with the Hiring Manager and then VP of the department.

Interview Questions

• About my prior technical experience with Oracle Applications, my interactions with Oracle Support and my SQL skills   Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with the head of hiring manager. Asked mostly behavioral questions and background related experience. They needed to bring someone on board right away, the interview was very straight to the point.

Business Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Beware of the manager. He will lie to get you in the door. a promise for 100k with a business position is an utter lie. no leads given. Easy interview. If you're young they wont accept you. very old aged company, not growing with the times.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

S.T.A.R. process...Situation Task Action Resolution...Come up with a least 5 situations. All parts of the interview are important, but this part will be the most important. They'll be wtiting down everything you say. Once that is over, it's smooth sailing after that.

Interview Questions

• What contributions can you make to our company?
      What innovation can you bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

STAR FORMAT IS SITUATION , TASK AT HAND, ACTION TAKEN THEN RESULT, don't over answer and be precise about the event and pick an experience that shows good use of your skills that match those required of the position

Uht Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It's in star format. Totally senseless questions. They make you feel intimidated and basically set you up for failure. Your dealing with a blue collar group here so don't try to be to flashy because it will probably go right over their heads. Just be yourself. If they like your persona then chances are you will be selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were dealing with somebody that was upset. What was the situation and how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question