Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Did an application back in August. Was contacted by email last week saying they were interested and wanted me to take an assessment. So I did the 2 part assessment that same day and was contacted the next day by email saying I passed the assessment and they wanted to move forward with a phone interview for the following day. Recruiter called the next day and just went over the job and asked me a few questions and scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week. She also informed me interview questions would be in the STAR format. Went to the interview and was actually interviewed by 2 managers who took turns asking me questions. (They were very nice) After being interviewed they had me step out the room while they got each other opinion so I was asked to come back in and they let me know they wanted to move forward with doing a mock call as if I was the cox employee and one of them was the customer they gave me a 3 page packet to go over for about 10 min before they called me from another phone. After that I was told the recruiter would be giving me a call to let me know my outcome. The next morning I received a call saying they wanted to move forward and offer me the position and would be sending me an offer letter to my email!!! So now I'm just waiting on background check and everything else to come back. Start date is in January

Interview Questions

• If my internet went out what would be the first thing I would do   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Applied at the recommendation of a friend. Interview was scheduled for 3 days later. Interview was professional, focused on technical skills and people/leadership skills. No trick questions or what would you do if aliens invaded type scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you had to discipline and employee. What were there results? What could you have done better? What would you do different?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

STAR format - Situation or Task, Action you took, and the results to demonstrate customer focus and problem solving capabilities. The supervisors were very friendly and inviting. The working atmosphere seemed relaxed but overall enjoyable. The questions were generic/required by the company but in my humble opinion, they were insightful for the employer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you forgot to do something for a customer...
      What is the hardest part of sales?
      Answer Question

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Very positive interview. Explained the role that was being interviewed for, and then onto the STAR method questions. (S) Situation or Problem (T) Task (A) Action (R) Resolution - they want you to be very specific if possible. There is about 6 questions using this method. Then onto just a few more basic questions, and the role play. They gave me two sheets with a fake account on it and the bill statement information clearly laid out. The other sheet was one of their products they wanted me to up sale at the end of the call. The manager then left the room, gave me a few minutes to look it over and called the phone that was in the interview room with me. Very simple call, all you have to think about is a way to smoothly transfer into "Selling" after answering the "Customer's" question about their bill. Then they let me know after the role play that they will reach out to me via phone or e-mail to let me know their decision.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when your company changed policies suddenly and how did you adapt?"   Answer Question

Project Management Specialist LEAD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They are very quick and on top of the interview process. Everyone was nice, and you do get a great feel of the culture throughout the interview. I applied in Atlanta GA and had one quick 30 minute behavioral in person, then a very long super day that started at 1:50 and ended at 8 pm. The interview for this position is hard, and you should be prepared for anything!

Interview Questions

• What is the angle of the two hands at 9:45   1 Answer
    • You are contracted to build a treehouse, how would you go about the project?   1 Answer
    • They do a "practical interview" which is something you cannot necessarily prep for. They want to see how you prioritize and see if you can defend your thinking.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process has multiple steps. If they choose your resume you will need to take a two part online test that takes about an hour. If you pass the text you will then be asked to have a phone interview. This is where I messed up I replied to the email rather than the email address provided. Needless to say by the time I realized my mistake I had already missed the deadline.

Communications Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted information via Cox website. Recruiter contacted me 3-4 weeks later. Prescreened by recruiter. Phone interview was set and completed with hiring manager. Two weeks later, interview was set up and completed with panel, including hiring manager. A few days later, interview was set and completed with hiring manager's manager. Received a job offer once my background check was completed about 10 days later. Everyone was really nice and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Why did you apply for this position? Tell us about yourself. What would you do if you received multiple assignments at once? How would you use your current skills to complete your responsibilities? Are you a multi-tasker? How do you manage stress? How do you approach working with a team?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Hmmmm, how can I put this. Horrible, from the start the recruiter commented that I didn't know enough about the company and said I should have done my homework. Um isn't that part of the first round, learning about the company! Then she told me that for the future I should spend sometime researching the company. My background is huge companies in the realm of Microsoft (former company) so I think I know how to research. Then as she told me about the role I mentioned that I thought I might be too senior for the role and when I told her my salary she said good luck because in this particular market I would never get that amount. The whole call was ridiculous and she was absurd. Gimme a break!

Customer Service Representative Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. 1st one was by phone. They asked you STAR based questions. General customer service type questions. The 2nd was supposed to be in office but due to time constraints they allowed me to interview by phone with who would be my Team Leader and another manager. They also asked STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person with hiring manager and then a 3rd interview with the Executive Director. Contacted by talent acquisitions a week later with the job offer. All around great experience!