Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

They use the star format which was something that I was not very familiar with until I researched it online days ahead of the interview. They also ask you to role play in the interview and try to sell them a product.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to know about my customer service background and not about my education that could possibly lead me to another department.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted information via Cox website. Recruiter contacted me 3-4 weeks later. Prescreened by recruiter. Phone interview was set and completed with hiring manager. Two weeks later, interview was set up and completed with panel, including hiring manager. A few days later, interview was set and completed with hiring manager's manager. Received a job offer once my background check was completed about 10 days later. Everyone was really nice and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Why did you apply for this position? Tell us about yourself. What would you do if you received multiple assignments at once? How would you use your current skills to complete your responsibilities? Are you a multi-tasker? How do you manage stress? How do you approach working with a team?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Hmmmm, how can I put this. Horrible, from the start the recruiter commented that I didn't know enough about the company and said I should have done my homework. Um isn't that part of the first round, learning about the company! Then she told me that for the future I should spend sometime researching the company. My background is huge companies in the realm of Microsoft (former company) so I think I know how to research. Then as she told me about the role I mentioned that I thought I might be too senior for the role and when I told her my salary she said good luck because in this particular market I would never get that amount. The whole call was ridiculous and she was absurd. Gimme a break!

Customer Service Representative Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. 1st one was by phone. They asked you STAR based questions. General customer service type questions. The 2nd was supposed to be in office but due to time constraints they allowed me to interview by phone with who would be my Team Leader and another manager. They also asked STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person with hiring manager and then a 3rd interview with the Executive Director. Contacted by talent acquisitions a week later with the job offer. All around great experience!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about an interview after about two weeks. Had the interview with three team leaders. Told me they would let me know within a couple of weeks. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Typical interview process where you are asked a series of questions pertaining to your experience, and examples of how you resolved conflict and or stress situations at a previous job. What are your strengths/ weaknesses etc. Allows you to ask questions at the end of interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you influenced the sale of a product to a potential buyer. What efforts did you make to close the sell?   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Questions are asked based off STAR - situation task action result. I was given a math test that is timed to see how well you can handle yourself under pressure. I had a phone interview then interviewed with the store manager and another manager from another department. I got a call a day or two later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you overcame an objection.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you worked with others to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

there was not really a process to follow because I was already an employee of the company and just moved forward in the process as an internal employee..not too much of a long process

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was faulty simple. I applied online through Indeed and a few days later was contacted by a recruiter and sent an email link to fill out an online assessment. The assessment was multiple choice questions followed by an interactive call center scenario. After that I received an email saying I passed the assessment and to expect a call from a recruiter. I was called a few hours later and just basically discussed the job specifications, salary, and training program. At the end I was scheduled for an in person interview with two supervisors.
    The actual in person interview was in fact with only one person and it was very laid back. It's important to know the STAR method that's how they interview if you know that then you're set. At the end the interviewer left me alone for 10 mins and called into the room and role played for 5 mins. At the end I was told that in a few days I'll receive an email either way. A few hours later after I got home that night I got an email stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a policy or rule that you disagreed with and how you handled it.   1 Answer