Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was given a very brief summary of the job. I was told partial information about the job and what would actually be included. They don't have an on site HR so they have team leaders interview you. They tell you more about the benefits because turn over is high, it's a hard job so the can't keep employees. They also want you to sell heavily and show your selling skills in the interview, every interview process is different.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you called in to work in the last year?   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview. Couple questions asked and answered.. but not hired after an online assessment test and screening. There was a pretend phone call, and quiz. Lot of personality questions, what would u do questions.

Interview Questions

• How do u sale to a person not wanting to buy your product   Answer Question

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2017.

Interview

I went through one initial screening with Human Resources, followed by a 30-40 minute face to face with a Manager. Lastly, met with a panel of 3 people who asked about 45-60 minutes of Star format questions.

IT Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

i got asked 3 very standard star format questions. This was a very simple interview but i think that i would have done better if i prepared for the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have a difficult customer and how you handled the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Channel Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Referred through a connection. waited 2 weeks then interviewed. Had one interview on-site. 45 mins. The interviewer was very cordial and professional and seemed to actually care about talking to me instead of just marking another thing off their to-do list. Waited 2 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Order Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

First step is a phone interview
    2nd step is a panel interview where the use the STAR method.
    I told about a time I dealt with an upset customer. Explained what I did to resolve the issue and explained what the outcome of the situation was

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on a Thursday - the interviewer showed me around and showed me where would I work if I become hired. Basic STAR interview and a 5 minute role playing. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I got an offer on Monday, submitted all my information. (Make sure your previous managers answer the phone or they will require proof of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where there was a policy you did not agree with, and how did you adjust it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable - you get periodic raises.

TSR Tier III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Had the standard 5 STAR questions. Asked me some knowledge on phone terms, computer terms and internet terms. Had the meeting with two supervisors I've worked with before, one of them was my previous supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Did an application back in August. Was contacted by email last week saying they were interested and wanted me to take an assessment. So I did the 2 part assessment that same day and was contacted the next day by email saying I passed the assessment and they wanted to move forward with a phone interview for the following day. Recruiter called the next day and just went over the job and asked me a few questions and scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week. She also informed me interview questions would be in the STAR format. Went to the interview and was actually interviewed by 2 managers who took turns asking me questions. (They were very nice) After being interviewed they had me step out the room while they got each other opinion so I was asked to come back in and they let me know they wanted to move forward with doing a mock call as if I was the cox employee and one of them was the customer they gave me a 3 page packet to go over for about 10 min before they called me from another phone. After that I was told the recruiter would be giving me a call to let me know my outcome. The next morning I received a call saying they wanted to move forward and offer me the position and would be sending me an offer letter to my email!!! So now I'm just waiting on background check and everything else to come back. Start date is in January

Interview Questions

• If my internet went out what would be the first thing I would do   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Applied at the recommendation of a friend. Interview was scheduled for 3 days later. Interview was professional, focused on technical skills and people/leadership skills. No trick questions or what would you do if aliens invaded type scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you had to discipline and employee. What were there results? What could you have done better? What would you do different?   Answer Question