Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Universal Home Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Hampton, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quickest process i have been through in a while. Very straight foreward with what they were looking for. There was no one trying to trick you up in the process. They explained every step of the process in detail so it was easy to follow. They show a genuine care in there employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not agree with a supervisor. What happened. What was the result.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick and Easy to do, They were polite through the whole experience, Loved the company really wanted to work for them but with the amount of people going through the process those with the most experience were chosen first unfortunately. Will give it another shot when the correct position is available again with them as it would be a good long term company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer if they are getting upset because of an issue on the phone   1 Answer

Uht Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Springdale, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

Star interview techniques. Situational questions and how you responded to situations and the results of your response. Questioning about a situation, how you responded or acted, what happened afterwards according to your response. Final question is why you want to join the cox communications family

Interview Questions

• How you handle certain situations   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

I had a 7pm interview time. When I arrived and got ahold of Security they had no idea who was supposed to interview me. After finding someone to do it I was taken into a large conference room. The interviewer introduced herself. Told me about her experience with the company. Asked me about 6 interview questions. Then gave me a fake scenario. Have me about 5mins to look it over and left the room. She then called into the room I was in on the phone and had a pretend call with her being the customer. Interview lasted about 20mins.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

First I completed an application for a Customer Service position. I had a one on one interview with Ericka Haines from HR. within two days I was advised that I was not selected for the position. I was really shocked because not only do I have a Bachelors degree, I have quite a few years of customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• What made me apply for a customer service position with Cox? How many years of customer service experience did I have?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

The lady that came to get me was very rigid and seemed like she had to force herself to be nice and welcoming. I immediately felt like I was an imposition to her. It made me very nervous. The man that joined us was very nice but neither gave any feedback and again the lady acted like she wasn't a fan from the beginning. I felt very unwanted and couldn't wait to leave. I have over 15 years experience in sales and customer service but I think most companies prefer younger kids for sales now since they can get paid less and care more about sales than customer service. I personally expressed I love helping customers and love solving problems but I think that made them not a fan. Yikes! Not where I want to be.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the Stars method. They were about selling. Mostly can you transition an angry or any customer or situation in to. Sale. For a call center you deal in so many situations and such high call volume it's and don't really receive specific percentages on paper as a keepsake after you leave an employer. She didn't seem pleased I wasn't specific enough. Which seemed ridiculous and unnecessary to me.   1 Answer

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Tulsa, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two directors from two different regions. Then proceeded with the interview with the immediate supervisor. Then was sent to lad for drug testing, followed by a background test.

Interview Questions

• If I have integrity, self motivating.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two supervisors they were very pleasant and down to earth they asked the typical questions you would expect and used the star method for personality traits the interview lasted about 30 minutes they had a script they had to go through and then at the end of the process combined their notes and decide whether I was worthy of the position of course after I left the premises.

Interview Questions

• explain a time when your supervisor was not satisfied with your work and what did you do to overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation best advice I can give you is be yourself come in confident come dressed nice clothes such as dress shirt tie and jacket you want to stand out from the others that show up in typical clothing and if you don't have experience you're probably wasting your time as it is very hard to get into this company because they only take in new technicians ever so often.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

The job was temporary with no benefits, week end off with start time with over time. With the holidays off. was i be happy with this job i told him yes i would.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was a few basic questions that asked about previous employment and life experiences. Also had to go through a mock phone call to assist a customer. It was with two supervisors who were very nice people and didnt make the interview hard.