Cox Communications Interview Questions in Omaha, NE | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Interview Questions in Omaha, NE

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was faulty simple. I applied online through Indeed and a few days later was contacted by a recruiter and sent an email link to fill out an online assessment. The assessment was multiple choice questions followed by an interactive call center scenario. After that I received an email saying I passed the assessment and to expect a call from a recruiter. I was called a few hours later and just basically discussed the job specifications, salary, and training program. At the end I was scheduled for an in person interview with two supervisors.
    The actual in person interview was in fact with only one person and it was very laid back. It's important to know the STAR method that's how they interview if you know that then you're set. At the end the interviewer left me alone for 10 mins and called into the room and role played for 5 mins. At the end I was told that in a few days I'll receive an email either way. A few hours later after I got home that night I got an email stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a policy or rule that you disagreed with and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was a few basic questions that asked about previous employment and life experiences. Also had to go through a mock phone call to assist a customer. It was with two supervisors who were very nice people and didnt make the interview hard.

Referral Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

Received an initial phone call from a recruiter who vetted me for the position. The call lasted 30 minutes and probably came within a week of posting my application.

I was asked to interview with the hiring manager and scheduled it within a week of the initial phone interview.

The interview itself went well. The hiring manager used a form with standard questions. Responses were written down and, presumably, graded/matched to the other candidates. Got positive feedback throughout the interview. Afterwards, I was told that they were intent on making a decision asap.

That was 5 weeks ago.

To date, I've heard nothing since the interview, despite emails and phone calls (about once a week) asking about my status as a candidate. No "thank you but no thank you" letter, no returned voice mail, no returned email. Nothing.

I'm not sure how to decipher this lack of communication beyond that of a stunning lack of professionalism. I hope there's another reason because it seemed like a good place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After I applied, I was sent another application, went through a video interview, and was finally contacted by two different recruiters before I even went to an in person interview. The whole process took about a month. The in person interview went great. The guy who interviewed me was so nice and made me feel very comfortable. After about an hour of questions, he left the room and had me role play that I was answering a call for Cox. You get 10 minutes to prepare, and then your interviewer will call the phone in the room, and you'll read off a script. After my interviewer came back, he offered me the job on the spot, which I took. I then went through a background check, and a drug test. Finally, after everything came back, I was given my offer letter. I interviewed mid December, and training didn't even start until February. So overall the waiting for the job was pretty insane. I really wish it would have gone faster, but I am basically satisfied with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt like a coworker or staff was ignoring you, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Universal Home Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

Friendly managers very honest and forthcoming about what the job entailed. Very good and answering all questions and concerns I had regarding the position. They didn't sugar coat the job and make it appear to be something it's not.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day by a Cox recruiter from Atlanta. She emailed me a link to two assessments: A standard personality test and a call center simulation. There were only about 5 scenarios to complete in 45 min. Multiple choice and you rate each answer from Not Effective to Most Effective. I was called 2 days later on a Saturday by a representative from Futurestep in Baton Rouge to schedule an in-person interview. No phone interview. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later. The dress was business casual. The interviewer was wearing khakis and a polo and had visible tattoos. He was very nice and personable and did his best to make it as painless as possible. We went to an empty conference room and sat across from each other. He informed me it would be in STAR format. After the STAR portion there was a section devoted to technical questions. Next there was a simulated call. He gave me an information packet to study for 10 min. He left and called the phone in the room 10 min later. He asked me how to operate the On-demand system--directions were in the packet. I also had to attempt to sell him DVR over the course of the call--DVR features were also in packet. Interview concluded after that. I was called the same evening by Futurestep and offered the job. They emailed me an acceptance letter with hourly rate and background check/drug testing info.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with starting a new job? Have you ever come up with a new idea that was implemented? What is a DVR? What does URL stand for? DNS? Name some cables you hook up a cable box with. First thing you do when your own internet goes out. What would you do if internet went out while you were working at Cox? What do you think this job entails? What happens if you watch a standard definition movie on an HD set? What format do you watch movies in?   Answer Question

Uht Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Phone interview took about 15 minutes and was fairly easy followed by two person panel interview. Interview was easy but I was very overqualified. Was basically offered the position the same day and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

You fill out an online application. If you know anyone that works there make sure to include their information because they get $500-700. After the initial app you have a phone interview, an interview at the office. You'll then either get an acceptance or rejection letter. Acceptance letter then leads to another phone interview which involves personality tests. Don't slack on this portion! Just because you have the acceptance letter doesn't mean you have the job. Not going to give you advice on the personality tests. After you pass this next phase of phone interview you take the drug test and sign the final paperwork.

Interview Questions

• They use the STAR method of interviews. Make sure to google it. This is really important to getting the jog. Kind of caught me off guard because I hadn't interviewed in so long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Even though the ad says $12-15 they tell you in the first interview that it's $12 or no job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone screen and a test to see if how you handled yourself over the phone. Than there was an online test and finally a in person interview. The process happens in about a week or two and went by fast

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions with situational and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in July 2013.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks to hear back after applying. Had about a 10-minute phone interview before being emailed a more in-depth application and link for a virtual tech support rep multiple choice. Was sent another email to schedule an in-person interview the following week. Interview questions were pretty basic, have you ever done any troubleshooting before, customer service skills, technical skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was angry at you for something you couldn't control?   Answer Question