Cox Communications Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via my college's career board, talked to a rep at the career fair a week or so later, and was invited to interview on campus about a week after that. The on-campus interview was short and though it was a formal interview seemed more light and conversational. I was invited to interview at Cox in Atlanta.

The set up of the interview day in ATL was a bit tough. It was a day long process (exhausting by the end) involving about 20 of us who interviewed at one time. We were broken up into groups of about 5 and given a project to consider as a group and then had to present to two interviewers who could ask us questions. There were also a series of one-on-one interviews and then finally I had lunch with my "buddy" for the day - someone currently in the program I was interviewing for. This is where things went south. My buddy was unwelcoming, uninterested, and frankly rude, in my opinion. We ate lunch together before I would be released until I had to come back for the dinner/networking event. In their cafeteria, there was a table of about 10 people also in my buddy's program. My buddy walked me up to introduce me to them and they were even more unwelcoming of not only me but also my "buddy." At one point, my buddy went to introduce me to one of the girls at the table and couldn't remember her name, she then pronounced the girl's name wrong and was sternly corrected - talk about awkward (there were maybe around 20 people in the program total and they had all been working at Cox for a year or so at this point).

The networking dinner was awkward. The whole environment was cut throat and I didn't get the impression that they really enjoyed their job or their co-workers. We were told we'd hear back whether we got the job or not within a week. To make a long story short - I didn't actually hear back until months later and I'd already accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• Q: If it's ____ (time) on an analog clock, what degree are the minute and hour hand at?

Q: Given a list of tasks to do in a limited amount of time and how you'd prioritize those - some items were work related and some personal related so think they were trying to get at your ability to have a work-life balance

Q: Had to do fake pitch to have a customer pay you to make them a treehouse

Q: You have ___ people, ____ dollars, ____ amount of days to plan a company outing for employee appreciation and then present your proposal (group interview).
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had list of standard recruiting questions. Asked why I was interested in this position. Asked me questions regarding the project management life cycle, which phases were the most important and why. Asked me about the culture of the business, and what I thought about it. Asked me to summarize my background, and tell them why I would be a good fit for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Over the phone and teleconference. Process took almost a month to complete. Questions and expectations were ultimately in line with a PM 2 not a PM1, which is what the job was actually for.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you managed a national project?
      Tell about a time where you had several deadlines that happened to be at the same time?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Simple for me, but I've heard that is the exception. I had a phone interview, in-person interview scheduled for the same week. Interviewed with 2 managers and received offer the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Step 1: A HR Rep called for a brief phone interview. Typical HR questions: brief wrok history, validation of resume information, 5 year goal, "tell me about yourself", etc. Good idea to ask the HR Rep the essential qualities that the Hiring Manager is looking for.
    Step 2: Phone interview with the hiring manager. Friendly interview. Validating the resume information. Good idea to use information from the HR and sell oneself to the Hiring Manager.
    Step 3: Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager. Need to cover all problems in your work history, need to sell oneself according to what the hiring manager is looking for.
    Step 4: Face to face interview with theHiring Manager's boss and counterpart. Writen PM test.

Interview Questions

• Brain teaser question. What type of leader are you? If can only choose one between documentation and Communiction, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

It was very smooth. They were in a hurry. The recruiter contacted me and built me as the shoe-in. The people asked relatively good questions except for the manager. He asked vague questions that left you wanting him to clarify. An example would be, "How were your interactions with the Ops team?". He didn't want to know what interactions you had but how they were. This is a little confusing.

Interview Questions

• How were your interactions with the Ops team?   1 Answer