Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Customer Retention Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in August 2012.

Hello everyone, This process consisted of an online application, followed up by a brief phone interview with a 3rd party HR contractor (not even an in house employee). I thought at one point that she was pulling for me, but I guess I was just kidding myself. After the phone interview I was asked to complete a personality profile test as well as a call center simulation test. I was contacted again by the HR person and told that I passed, and that they would like to schedule an interview. I completed the 2 person panel interview at the call center location in Rancho Santa Margarita. I met with 2 male supervisors for the retention team. They had a series of questions for me, and asked about my experience. They both seemed very nice, and I thought the interview went well. After the interview, I sent 3 notes(1 each to the 2 sups and a 3rd to the original Contract HR lady, to thank them for their time, and to let them know that I was really interested in the job. Later that day I received an email from her saying that the team decided to move me to the phone "role play" interview. I scheduled a time to complete the interview and the lady that conducted the interview was also very nice and said that i did a really good job. The next day I recieved the all impersonal (DONOTREPLY@COX email) saying that they did not want to continue with me. The whole process from start to finish took a little over 2.5 weeks. ***after they decide they do not want to continue the interview process, its like trying to talk to a brick wall. I tried to ask the original HR lady if she could share with me the reason I was not selected. She just said that she can't give any feedback even though she realized that this could be useful. I suppose because Cox is really her client...............Interviewing for a job seems so impersonal anymore. Its like....Don't talk to us! Talk to the hand! I miss the days when HR people were actually in house emplyees, and actually cared about people.