Cox Communications Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Roanoke, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

So far I have not had an in person interview but they are very carefull to not waste their time or my time. I have had a phone interview and completed multiple assessments.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

STAR FORMAT IS SITUATION , TASK AT HAND, ACTION TAKEN THEN RESULT, don't over answer and be precise about the event and pick an experience that shows good use of your skills that match those required of the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

The lady that came to get me was very rigid and seemed like she had to force herself to be nice and welcoming. I immediately felt like I was an imposition to her. It made me very nervous. The man that joined us was very nice but neither gave any feedback and again the lady acted like she wasn't a fan from the beginning. I felt very unwanted and couldn't wait to leave. I have over 15 years experience in sales and customer service but I think most companies prefer younger kids for sales now since they can get paid less and care more about sales than customer service. I personally expressed I love helping customers and love solving problems but I think that made them not a fan. Yikes! Not where I want to be.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the Stars method. They were about selling. Mostly can you transition an angry or any customer or situation in to. Sale. For a call center you deal in so many situations and such high call volume it's and don't really receive specific percentages on paper as a keepsake after you leave an employer. She didn't seem pleased I wasn't specific enough. Which seemed ridiculous and unnecessary to me.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1 phone screen two interview with different supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

based salary and commission

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

filled application over the website and received a call within a week. The interview was done by the hiring manager, he was very nice and went over the job description. It didn't feel like an interview as he as very friendly. After the first interview they scheduled me for a second interview with the Director, this interview was also very easy as he just went over expectations and asked about previous job.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Met at Cox headquarters in a one on one interview with the manager above me. Interview was for the sales ambassador position (fancy name for sales rep). Was asked about myself and asked me to sell him the pencil he was holding. Really friendly guy. Was called back and told I received the job.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pencil I am holding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a fancier named job than it is. In reality, you go to Wal-Mart's and Best Buy's and sell cable/phone/internet packages to random people. It's completely COLD SALES, as in walking up to people and trying to sell them product/service.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications in April 2009.

Interview

I was called within a couple of days after I submitted my resume/application online to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview and then a couple days later I was went to the local store for an interview with the store manager. After accepting the job I went in for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time went you went over and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question