Cox Communications Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.8

Universal Home Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straight-forward, I sat in front of 3 supervisors, each in charge of a different department. Each took turns asking me questions about my previous job and personal history. I had a mix of traditional interview questions and job specific questions. The 3 member panel was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation"   Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with the head of hiring manager. Asked mostly behavioral questions and background related experience. They needed to bring someone on board right away, the interview was very straight to the point.

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Was already a contractor, so had a relatively easy interview. Just asked the usual quesitons
    The interview actually consisted of him explaining the company to me more so. I got the sense that I already had a good chance of getting the job.
    I was in a room with the guy who turned out to become the Head Manager of the department. He was quite nice and casual. The interview took place in the same office as the job, it was not overly long, probably took 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be good in this job. etc.
      asking about my past sales achievements
      He asked me what I wanted to know about the job, as I said I already think he wanted to choose me for the job.
      1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process wasn't long at all, first received interview over the phone then was called into to meet with manager and asked simple situation questions and get a feel if your good for the company.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Average, online application and resume upload. Brief interview by recruiter, then personal interview with hiring manager. Questions were not difficult but sensed there was a high turnover with sales reps. The landscape of this market has changed due to internet TV and NetFlix, etc. and other players offering high speed internet access for businesses. The focus was more on getting new customers versus retaining clients.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

filled application over the website and received a call within a week. The interview was done by the hiring manager, he was very nice and went over the job description. It didn't feel like an interview as he as very friendly. After the first interview they scheduled me for a second interview with the Director, this interview was also very easy as he just went over expectations and asked about previous job.

Sales Ambassader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency, I was referred by my roommate. The interview with the staffing agency went well, she just asked why I wanted the position, what skills/experience I had that would be applicable to the job, etc. Having no sales experience I didn't expect much, but I got an interview with one of the third part retail managers. I studied up on the company so it went pretty well, two days later my staffing agency called and said I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "I'm going to go speak to the other managers about you, what should I tell them about you that would convince them you should be hired?"   1 Answer

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, heard from them a month later asking for a writing sample and PowerPoint sample. Got a call almost two weeks later for a phone interview which was extensive (behavioral questions) and lasted 22 minutes. Invited to a panel interview the next week where I interviewed with the same HR manager I had the phone interview with along with the hiring manager and two of her counterparts via phone. Again, behavioral questions, many of which were the same as the phone interview. The office seemed extremely busy, with everyone keeping their heads down. Very internally focused. I was notified a week later that I had been selected for final interviews, a one on one with the department VP and then a mini panel with the direct team. VP interview was fairly informal, he had three questions he was asking everyone. He also informed me that they had started with 230 candidates and were now down to 3, so it was just going to come down to fit. The team interview was great but very short. They basically were explaining the realities of the job and asking if I could do them. I was slightly thrown because this round asked about technical skills like graphic design and web management, which was not in the description nor on my skill list. I came in prepared to talk about larger implications for the position in terms of why community relations is important, but they were really looking for details about whether I could do the shlep work or not. Sent thank you notes during all rounds. Didn't hear anything for a week, so I followed up with the HR manager who said she'd let me know when she could. The next weekend (Saturday morning, to be exact), I received an automated email saying I was not longer being considered. The interview process was fine, but that last bit really irked me. I met with a total of 8 people over the course of two months, and there were only 3 candidates left- you'd think one of them could have picked up the phone to say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a bit about your qualifications for this job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online via Cox website contacted by HR shortly afterwards and came in and completed pre- screen interview Computer testing. Contacted for second interview with HR panel to screen candidates with further Q&A'S.

Interview Questions

• How many words can you type per minute?
      How would you deal with a customer who had questions regarding their billing statement?
      How and when would you escalate a call (if necessary) to a lead associate and/or Manager?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Met at Cox headquarters in a one on one interview with the manager above me. Interview was for the sales ambassador position (fancy name for sales rep). Was asked about myself and asked me to sell him the pencil he was holding. Really friendly guy. Was called back and told I received the job.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pencil I am holding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a fancier named job than it is. In reality, you go to Wal-Mart's and Best Buy's and sell cable/phone/internet packages to random people. It's completely COLD SALES, as in walking up to people and trying to sell them product/service.