Cox Communications Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Was already a contractor, so had a relatively easy interview. Just asked the usual quesitons
    The interview actually consisted of him explaining the company to me more so. I got the sense that I already had a good chance of getting the job.
    I was in a room with the guy who turned out to become the Head Manager of the department. He was quite nice and casual. The interview took place in the same office as the job, it was not overly long, probably took 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be good in this job. etc.
      asking about my past sales achievements
      He asked me what I wanted to know about the job, as I said I already think he wanted to choose me for the job.
      1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Average, online application and resume upload. Brief interview by recruiter, then personal interview with hiring manager. Questions were not difficult but sensed there was a high turnover with sales reps. The landscape of this market has changed due to internet TV and NetFlix, etc. and other players offering high speed internet access for businesses. The focus was more on getting new customers versus retaining clients.

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, heard from them a month later asking for a writing sample and PowerPoint sample. Got a call almost two weeks later for a phone interview which was extensive (behavioral questions) and lasted 22 minutes. Invited to a panel interview the next week where I interviewed with the same HR manager I had the phone interview with along with the hiring manager and two of her counterparts via phone. Again, behavioral questions, many of which were the same as the phone interview. The office seemed extremely busy, with everyone keeping their heads down. Very internally focused. I was notified a week later that I had been selected for final interviews, a one on one with the department VP and then a mini panel with the direct team. VP interview was fairly informal, he had three questions he was asking everyone. He also informed me that they had started with 230 candidates and were now down to 3, so it was just going to come down to fit. The team interview was great but very short. They basically were explaining the realities of the job and asking if I could do them. I was slightly thrown because this round asked about technical skills like graphic design and web management, which was not in the description nor on my skill list. I came in prepared to talk about larger implications for the position in terms of why community relations is important, but they were really looking for details about whether I could do the shlep work or not. Sent thank you notes during all rounds. Didn't hear anything for a week, so I followed up with the HR manager who said she'd let me know when she could. The next weekend (Saturday morning, to be exact), I received an automated email saying I was not longer being considered. The interview process was fine, but that last bit really irked me. I met with a total of 8 people over the course of two months, and there were only 3 candidates left- you'd think one of them could have picked up the phone to say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a bit about your qualifications for this job.   Answer Question

Outside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

A current Cox sales executive recommended I apply for an opening they had.

The first interview I had with the sales manager went very well. He said he wanted me and that I needed to do a group interview & then interview with the VP.

The group interview seemed to go well but then I never got an interview with the VP.

I think the fact that I was a bit over qualified or that I was still recovering from chemo & radiation for Cancer kind of freaked them out.

Interview Questions

• How can I be motivated to achieve a high quota when I owned my own business?   1 Answer