Cox Communications Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.8

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did online testing for personality and technical expertise. Telephone interview to determine if background matches for position. Appointment set for next day on-site interview with two employees. STAR format for almost all questions (six or seven STAR questions plus additional background questions).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflict with someone else on your team. How did you manage it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview being that I'm out of state. The questions were very hard when trying to answer them in the STAR format. I was literally sweating. The interviewer Sonya and Shannon were pretty relaxed and laid back. I practiced with the question that the recruiter sent me but it was entirely different. I was expecting the over and beyond question. I had the perfect answer for it, in my previous job i went above and beyond that i was actually wined and dined from a company, the guy even wrote to his CEO in Spain. His entire business ran off the internet and his personal router was giving him trouble it was an amazing feeling. I also received several thank you cards from my customers some contained money. Based on the questions they asked, i dont think ill get an offer. I however was hired and received an offer from them before but i had death after death in my family and I didn't think my mental state was well enough for me to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a goal that you've met? Why Cox? tell me a time when the rules changed and you weren't in agreement with? Tell me a skill of yours? The questions are easy to answer but when thinking of the STAR format it just threw me completely off with my answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in April 2017.

Interview

test on my computer, 1 phone interview, 1 face to face interview. had me answer regular interview questions then he left the room and called a phone in the office and i had a script and has to fix an issue for him and sell him something on value like HBO.

Interview Questions

• how do you react in a irate sitsuation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

After completing the application I was routed to a personality assessment. It was not complicated, the regular personality test asking questions like "most people would steal if they knew they could get away with it", and you are supposed to agree or disagree. I passed so I got an email to schedule and interview, everything was done via email, even the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'd ever had to explain technical information to someone at a higher position to me.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem with having to meet sales goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was given a very brief summary of the job. I was told partial information about the job and what would actually be included. They don't have an on site HR so they have team leaders interview you. They tell you more about the benefits because turn over is high, it's a hard job so the can't keep employees. They also want you to sell heavily and show your selling skills in the interview, every interview process is different.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you called in to work in the last year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on a Thursday - the interviewer showed me around and showed me where would I work if I become hired. Basic STAR interview and a 5 minute role playing. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I got an offer on Monday, submitted all my information. (Make sure your previous managers answer the phone or they will require proof of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where there was a policy you did not agree with, and how did you adjust it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable - you get periodic raises.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Did an application back in August. Was contacted by email last week saying they were interested and wanted me to take an assessment. So I did the 2 part assessment that same day and was contacted the next day by email saying I passed the assessment and they wanted to move forward with a phone interview for the following day. Recruiter called the next day and just went over the job and asked me a few questions and scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week. She also informed me interview questions would be in the STAR format. Went to the interview and was actually interviewed by 2 managers who took turns asking me questions. (They were very nice) After being interviewed they had me step out the room while they got each other opinion so I was asked to come back in and they let me know they wanted to move forward with doing a mock call as if I was the cox employee and one of them was the customer they gave me a 3 page packet to go over for about 10 min before they called me from another phone. After that I was told the recruiter would be giving me a call to let me know my outcome. The next morning I received a call saying they wanted to move forward and offer me the position and would be sending me an offer letter to my email!!! So now I'm just waiting on background check and everything else to come back. Start date is in January

Interview Questions

• If my internet went out what would be the first thing I would do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

They use the star format which was something that I was not very familiar with until I researched it online days ahead of the interview. They also ask you to role play in the interview and try to sell them a product.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to know about my customer service background and not about my education that could possibly lead me to another department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was faulty simple. I applied online through Indeed and a few days later was contacted by a recruiter and sent an email link to fill out an online assessment. The assessment was multiple choice questions followed by an interactive call center scenario. After that I received an email saying I passed the assessment and to expect a call from a recruiter. I was called a few hours later and just basically discussed the job specifications, salary, and training program. At the end I was scheduled for an in person interview with two supervisors.
    The actual in person interview was in fact with only one person and it was very laid back. It's important to know the STAR method that's how they interview if you know that then you're set. At the end the interviewer left me alone for 10 mins and called into the room and role played for 5 mins. At the end I was told that in a few days I'll receive an email either way. A few hours later after I got home that night I got an email stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a policy or rule that you disagreed with and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

A few talent acquisition surveys first then if you pass a virtual test you get an in person interview. Once you make it to the in person interview process you just have to show them you have the ability to provide support as well as sell a product. If you can do all that comfortably and you are honest with the company and yourself then you will have an enjoyable job.