Cox Communications Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

After completing the application I was routed to a personality assessment. It was not complicated, the regular personality test asking questions like "most people would steal if they knew they could get away with it", and you are supposed to agree or disagree. I passed so I got an email to schedule and interview, everything was done via email, even the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'd ever had to explain technical information to someone at a higher position to me.   1 Answer
  • Do you have a problem with having to meet sales goals?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on a Thursday - the interviewer showed me around and showed me where would I work if I become hired. Basic STAR interview and a 5 minute role playing. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I got an offer on Monday, submitted all my information. (Make sure your previous managers answer the phone or they will require proof of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where there was a policy you did not agree with, and how did you adjust it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable - you get periodic raises.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Did an application back in August. Was contacted by email last week saying they were interested and wanted me to take an assessment. So I did the 2 part assessment that same day and was contacted the next day by email saying I passed the assessment and they wanted to move forward with a phone interview for the following day. Recruiter called the next day and just went over the job and asked me a few questions and scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week. She also informed me interview questions would be in the STAR format. Went to the interview and was actually interviewed by 2 managers who took turns asking me questions. (They were very nice) After being interviewed they had me step out the room while they got each other opinion so I was asked to come back in and they let me know they wanted to move forward with doing a mock call as if I was the cox employee and one of them was the customer they gave me a 3 page packet to go over for about 10 min before they called me from another phone. After that I was told the recruiter would be giving me a call to let me know my outcome. The next morning I received a call saying they wanted to move forward and offer me the position and would be sending me an offer letter to my email!!! So now I'm just waiting on background check and everything else to come back. Start date is in January

Interview Questions

• If my internet went out what would be the first thing I would do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

They use the star format which was something that I was not very familiar with until I researched it online days ahead of the interview. They also ask you to role play in the interview and try to sell them a product.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to know about my customer service background and not about my education that could possibly lead me to another department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was faulty simple. I applied online through Indeed and a few days later was contacted by a recruiter and sent an email link to fill out an online assessment. The assessment was multiple choice questions followed by an interactive call center scenario. After that I received an email saying I passed the assessment and to expect a call from a recruiter. I was called a few hours later and just basically discussed the job specifications, salary, and training program. At the end I was scheduled for an in person interview with two supervisors.
    The actual in person interview was in fact with only one person and it was very laid back. It's important to know the STAR method that's how they interview if you know that then you're set. At the end the interviewer left me alone for 10 mins and called into the room and role played for 5 mins. At the end I was told that in a few days I'll receive an email either way. A few hours later after I got home that night I got an email stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a policy or rule that you disagreed with and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

A few talent acquisition surveys first then if you pass a virtual test you get an in person interview. Once you make it to the in person interview process you just have to show them you have the ability to provide support as well as sell a product. If you can do all that comfortably and you are honest with the company and yourself then you will have an enjoyable job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interveiw first and then face to face the following day in star format. Maybe 6 questions and it seemed like it went well but was not chosen! Two people asking guestions while typing the whole time on their laptop which seemed strange! Lots of typing and not much eye contact. Seemed like a court room setting lol

Interview Questions

• Star format, what are your goals for the next five years, Have you ever had a policy you didnt aggree with, what can you offer this co, why did you leave prior job, what happened? Have you ever had a trustworthy issue with a peer, have you ever had a deadline you could not meet   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick and Easy to do, They were polite through the whole experience, Loved the company really wanted to work for them but with the amount of people going through the process those with the most experience were chosen first unfortunately. Will give it another shot when the correct position is available again with them as it would be a good long term company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer if they are getting upset because of an issue on the phone   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

I had a 7pm interview time. When I arrived and got ahold of Security they had no idea who was supposed to interview me. After finding someone to do it I was taken into a large conference room. The interviewer introduced herself. Told me about her experience with the company. Asked me about 6 interview questions. Then gave me a fake scenario. Have me about 5mins to look it over and left the room. She then called into the room I was in on the phone and had a pretend call with her being the customer. Interview lasted about 20mins.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was a few basic questions that asked about previous employment and life experiences. Also had to go through a mock phone call to assist a customer. It was with two supervisors who were very nice people and didnt make the interview hard.