Cox Communications Interview Questions in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.8

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Application sent in online. I Did an online assessment which took about 30-45 min. A phone interview was given, then a week later a face to face interview. After all these steps I was called the day after the interview to be told good or bad.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult time with a fellow employee. And how did you handle it? Steps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

A few talent acquisition surveys first then if you pass a virtual test you get an in person interview. Once you make it to the in person interview process you just have to show them you have the ability to provide support as well as sell a product. If you can do all that comfortably and you are honest with the company and yourself then you will have an enjoyable job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS).

Interview

They use Star interview guide, as long as you know how to answer the questions you should be fine.Don't give your two notice right away, it could take up to 3 weeks before you are officially hired.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

The lady that came to get me was very rigid and seemed like she had to force herself to be nice and welcoming. I immediately felt like I was an imposition to her. It made me very nervous. The man that joined us was very nice but neither gave any feedback and again the lady acted like she wasn't a fan from the beginning. I felt very unwanted and couldn't wait to leave. I have over 15 years experience in sales and customer service but I think most companies prefer younger kids for sales now since they can get paid less and care more about sales than customer service. I personally expressed I love helping customers and love solving problems but I think that made them not a fan. Yikes! Not where I want to be.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the Stars method. They were about selling. Mostly can you transition an angry or any customer or situation in to. Sale. For a call center you deal in so many situations and such high call volume it's and don't really receive specific percentages on paper as a keepsake after you leave an employer. She didn't seem pleased I wasn't specific enough. Which seemed ridiculous and unnecessary to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

rather quick, once you complete all online applications a recruiter will call for a phone interview within 24 hrs. it will be about 30 minutes long if they like your answers, after they will immediately set up an appointment for a formal interview. formal interview lasts a little over an hour, they get to know you, ask what you know about the position and ask S.T.A.R. questions. At the end of the interview they will ask you to do a test call to evaluate your skill level. I applied online and was officially hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were faced with a difficult or frustrated customer and what did you do to handle the situation.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Internal promotion - interviewed with the regional manager and director of the channel. The entire process took close to 3 weeks due to the number of applicants. The interview itself was with a director and VP in person and an additional regional manager over telepresence. The environment was very friendly, yet focused on work and success.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I turned down the first offer and was countered with 2k more a year and accepted

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

Lengthy but intense. They asked a lot of questions as a panel group. Everyone contributed something to the interview. They asked if I had any questions and also explained what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did I find out about their opening?   1 Answer

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in November 2012.

Interview

Heard about opening via current employee. Applied online. The online system needs to be fixed. Had LOTS of problems with pages not loading correctly and random error messages popping up. First phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was very good. I was given lots of information about the position and was able to provide information about myself.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in September 2011.

Interview

Quick with two interviewers. They talked about what customer service skills I had and what technical knowledge I had. I had several years experience in technical support and customer service so this interview process was relatively simple.

Marketing Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in August 2011.

Interview

Thorough, long and many people were involved. Unfortunately, the questions were canned and many were not relevant to the position. Some people asked very good off the script questions which gave me and indication of the culture. However, the hiring manager was neither a skilled interviewer nor a charismatic supervisor. Luckily, she go replaced by someone else shortly. They weren't forthcoming with representing themselves very well. That's about it, I don't know what else to write.