Cox Media Group Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two parts to this process. The first part is a technical interview with the dev team, some are remote, and a live coding challenge. The second half is a meeting with the other half of the team and a general overview of their roles and how you fit into that hierarchy.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It involved multiple site visits to meet the whole Management Team. The first initial interview involved the two direct managers that I would serve under. The Second interview involved meeting with other Account Executives and managers. The Third Interview involved meeting with a psychologist.

Interview Questions

• They used a 3rd party Psychologist to see how we will integrate among the work culture.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

5 individual interviews with different people, all very nice and well versed in media. Salary decreases the longer you are there, then you get a draw against commissions after about 6 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you attack your territory   1 Answer

Digital Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in-person - Both were not too difficult - However I feel the job posting was misleading. It seemed to be an entry-level position. However, the company actually preferred much more experience. Still the process was not too difficult and the ppl involved were kind.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience in training others?
      Experience with media and the newsroom?
      Explain how you'd work to meet difficult deadline?   Answer Question

Brand Manager, Healthcare Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

A very thorough process beginning with a phone interview with a corporate recruiter, then another phone interview with leadership associated with the position. Finally, a third in-person interview with the newly hired leader of the division and a corporate strategy specialist. (travel expenses paid for by the company)

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very unorganized with no real structure to the interview. I saw not met by the person I was sent to meet and once in the interview I was greeted by who ever was just available at the time. I don not think I was given a fair interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I originally applied online their talent portal. After a few days, I received an email and then follow up call from their recruiter. She did a detailed phone screen and sent it the hiring manager. The recruiter set up a phone interview which involved asking a lot of technical questions. Did a coding exercise online using a collaborative coding environment. I was then asked to come to a face-to-face interview. Face to face interview as a panel that lasted a few hours, and included an interview with the Architect, Other Software Engineers, and some members of the management team. Did a few whtieboarding questions, and had a culture screening to check that out.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the highest product of 2 3-digit numbers that is also a palindrome?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Originally was contacted by email to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen lasted about 30min and was your basic overview of experience, why the position interests you, and a salary range.

About a week after the phone screen I was scheduled for an in-person interview. Upon arriving I was given a 15min "test" that was essentially finding patterns in data. I met with three people; the hiring manager and two other director level positions. Questions were centered around my background and what management style I preferred.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter (went over background and experience with recruiter), Phone Interview (spoke with hiring manager, technical interview), Coding Exercise (a somewhat pointless exercise that doesn't really gauge what you can do, took about a week to complete), Face to Face (didn't get to the face to face interview).

Interview Questions

• Are objects in JavaScript passed by reference are value?   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Dunwoody, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the development manager to access basic skills. I was asked to perform an interesting technical challenge to see how I code. This was submitted within about a week. After a few days I had a group interview with five individuals from various departments in Cox Media Group.