Cox Media Group Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

"Long and drawn out they'll put you through 4 to 5 interviews and have you take an assessment." - as another reviewer wrote, and I fully concur.

I had to do OSINT research to find the status of my application process as no contact within Cox would reply. I finally receive a response from a personal email account I found, informing me that they had already decided to go in another direction, with fault of poor communication deferred to the recruiters (all three of them?).

Regardless of my qualifications and performance for this position: to give a person three interviews, tell the candidate that all of them went well, fail to provide an ETA on further communication when asked in person, told a message with aforementioned time frame will be sent to the candidate, proceed to go into complete radio silence, fail to return an email regarding the status (three different people involved in the process CCd, over 2 weeks transpired from the third interview - not even a "hello we acknowledge we are receiving your emails"), and then having to go to Pipl to find a gmail address to inquire for a third time to a 4th person - only to find out the decision was already made. No matter the process and how well I did throughout it - that is an absurd amount of effort to counteract the indifference displayed; a sequence of events that should not occur in any interview.

I had told them on the third interview that I was waiting to look for other opportunities until I heard something from them. They had asked and I optimistically answered. Everyone said I was doing well and was friendly. That was the last day in which I heard from anyone regarding the process until the events described in the previous paragraph.

Conclusion: this is rude, unethical, unprofessional, mean, negligent, and beyond. Opportunity loss as a result of poor communication... indifference tends to leave a negative feeling in both people and animals more so than positive or negative attention. I have a kid to feed and so I move forward; it would have been wonderful if they could present an iota of the professionalism and etiquette I most definitely displayed, allowing me to tend to my family. These are basic principals to be displayed throughout life in general (say what you mean, do what you say, show up on time, return your messages, etc) . I say opportunity lost not because I did not get the position, but rather I held out for the position, losing the opportunity to apply for other jobs - something they were fully aware that I was doing, as they asked me.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking at or applying for any other positions at the moment (third interview)?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I spoke with an HR representative first, and then the team lead second. The process was organized by HR representatives, who always let me know what was going to happen and emailed me calendar appointments. It took some time with all the back and forth, but it was also very smooth and well-organized.

Interview Questions

• What got me into this field?   1 Answer

New Business Multimedia Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (Austin, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Responded to an ad in the newspaper, but did not hear back. I ended up reconnecting with a former colleague that had previous experience with the newly hired Advertising Director. This tactic got my resume noticed and the interview took place after two follow up calls.

Interview Questions

• What happened in your previous position that landed you looking for a job after 23 years of employment   1 Answer