Cox Media Group Senior Product Manager - Gamut AdTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Product Manager - Gamut AdTech

Cox Media Group Senior Product Manager - Gamut AdTech Interview Questions

Interviews at Cox Media Group

1 Interview Review

4.0

Senior Product Manager - Gamut AdTech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Media Group (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A direct placement agency called and the whole process was super quick. After a call with the hiring manager, I was invited to interview the team, which consisted of the head of engineering, product, a peer interview, and the final interview with the hiring manager, who's the VP of product at Gamut. The people were great, very interactive, and the space is super exciting. They are solving some big problems in ad inventory /resell optimization. Very data and experiment driven, which is a huge point of reference and validation. Their product team is fairly young and going through some growing pains at the moment. They really liked my thinking process and experience, and I had an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you have a critical defect and a feature, how do you determine which one to prioritize? Let's say, there is measurable detriment from the bug each day it's not fixed and value from implementing the feature. Bug takes x days to fix, while feature takes x+n   1 Answer
  • Can you walk me through your understanding of the ad ecosystem and the role Gamut plays in it?   1 Answer
  • How does Gamut make revenue?   1 Answer

Competing offer from a company closer to my experience and current interests, but the offer was very attractive and I would consider them again in a heartbeat!