Coyote Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coyote Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.3

AREA SALE MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

Got a phone call to come in and have a face to face interview. Asked about my experiences and what I think I would excel at. Then brought out to meet employees and shadow them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online I had an initial phone screening, followed by an invitation to drive down to Coyote's regional training center. The in-person interviews consisted of a simple conversation-based interview with the initial recruiter, followed by a tour of the facilities. Then I was placed with a couple of employees to shadow them for little while to see what they do, one being a carrier sales rep and the other an outside sales rep. The day wrapped up with a brief questioning by an additional recruiter who asked me to explain what I saw from shadowing the two employees and to voice any questions I may have. It was a relatively simple and painless interview process, and I felt very welcomed there.

It's important to note that Coyote has an incredibly casual culture, far beyond what I expected to see.
    Work Attire: anything goes (I saw sweatpants, athletic shorts, backwards hats...)
    Language: loose (I heard the F word several times when on the work floor)
    Tobacco Policy: Looser (They sat me next to a sales rep who had a lip full of chewing tobacco and a spit cup in hand while working a phone based job - and he was in a managerial role)

Coyote's stats, recent success, and thriving energy are alluring. Coyote is a growing force among 3PL's and is already a large player in the market. However, the office environment felt more collegiate than just casual, delving into unprofessional at times.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was then asked to come in for an office visit. You first meet one on one with a recruiter before sending you off to sit with one or two current employees. After, they bring you back in to get an idea of what you thought of the atmosphere and to see if you would be a good fit.

Driver Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics in May 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview, lots of information about the job, hours and typical pay scale. Invited me for an in person interview, but declined due to pay being too low for the hours and requirements. Let me know when the next training class was and encouraged me to reach out if I changed my mind.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed once over the phone and had one on-site interview. Overall it was pretty laid back. The phone interview was just to gauge the level of your interest for the company and to get to know you. The on site interview included meeting with a recruiter as well as spending some time with a few current employees. Overall the process took about a month and a half.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The majority of the interview was all of the typical questions. They really dug deep into asking about why you would be good at sales, stand out over others, sales tactics I would use to be successful. They all had me describe what the word success meant to me. Also, asked me what would drive me to be successful in my career?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very informal. The girl didn't seem too interested. She also did not seem to have too much of an agenda for the interview I felt that I was having to take the initiative.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to go in to sales?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

They bring you in and give you a tour of the office. After that, you will go into a one on one interview where they will try and determine how you have handled various different situations. Following the interview, you have the opportunity to shadow one of the current employees. They then will bring you back into the conference room where they will ask you what you thought about the job while you were shadowing.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you would do well in a sales job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews: two on the phone and one on site interview. The whole process was about three months long. If you are graduating they ask a lot about why you chose your school, what you like most about your school, and what you are looking forward to after graduation. They repeatedly ask why you are interested in sales and why you feel logistics is important. Overall an okay experience. I didn't get the offer and I emailed back and asked why and recieved no response, which I was pretty bummed about.

Summer2016 Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics in March 2016.

Interview

Met Human Resources rep at a job fair, and got contacted from the company headquarters in Chicago. Only negative part was I live in Michigan and they did not offer to pay transportation costs to come in and interview.