Coyote Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coyote Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.3

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day asking for a phone interview. The call came about 10 minutes after the scheduled time. They walked through my resume asking questions some of which were rather flustering such as what one of my degrees was. They hadn't googled geospatial analysis before the interview to even see what it was or how it could help a logistics company. So I spent 3-5 minutes explaining how spatially explicit problems could be solved with special software and unique equations, anything from optimizing bike routes in a city to assessing land cover using satellite images and even mentioned how there were several papers out about it's myriad of uses in the truck transportation industry. I was then asked what I did for fun. I explained that I learned, I took online courses and learned new skills like coding, website development, data analysis, and that those were fun for me. I also mentioned that I hike and backpack, am a canoe guide, etc. The question was designed to get at work life balance issues. This was not a good answer, as learning was not considered fun by my interviewer who followed up with "That's great. But what do you do for fun?" or something along those lines. So I said I had a dog and I played with it. She asked what kind. I said labradoodle named __________. She said what's it's name? I said _________. I get that start-ups are focusing on work-life balance but to throw out what I considered fun as not fun and to disregard any qualifications that you were unfamiliar with doesn't necessarily seem conducive to a growing tech startup to have recruiters unfamiliar with emerging or useful technologies or to flippantly disregard learning those technologies as not a good use of free time.

National Account Manager Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Super relaxed interview process. I applied online and within 24 hours they reached out to me for a phone interview. The phone interview was super casual and they invited me in for an interview at their Chicago location. The interview was pretty easy, interviewers were very nice and didn't ask anything too tough. I shadowed two employees, made sure to be super attentive and asked questions on things I wasn't sure about. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing about yourself that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screening interview with a recruiter and then was brought into the office in Chicago. I was then Interviewed by 2 different recruiters and shadowed two employees, one on the customer side and one on the supply side.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy, brief, walk through of the office and positions. They ask questions for about 15 minutes, then you shadow both sides of the company for about 30 minutes, then you go back in and you're asked a few questions for about 7 more minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal. I applied on 2/8/17 and about a week later i got an email saying that I had applied at two locations and to which location I would prefer as in they have different recruiters for each location. I decided to do the Denver location. After that email i did not get any response from them until about a week and a half later when I got the same email. I confused replied regardless. The same day I got an email from one of the recruiters and asked when would it be best for me to do a phone interview. We arranged a date and time to conduct the phone interview in the matter of 2 days. I thought it ran pretty smoothly to be honest. Once the day for the interview came, the recruiter called promptly and right away began with the interview process. it was very basic interview as in tell me about yourself, where you from, talk to me through your resume. In over all a very nice and pleasant experience. Im actually very thankful that she was honest with me from the beginning as she told me this position would be mostly cold calling for about a year until I built my portfolio with clients and that usually took about a year but they would conduct extensive training and asked me if i would be interested in that. I politely declined and she asked if i had any questions for her and what not. She did said that she would be in contact with me in 2 weeks to see what other steps we would take. I honestly don't see myself working here just to cold call, thats why I'm sure they will not be moving forward with me. But I'm sure its a great position for someone thats a recent college graduate thats about to start paying for their student loans.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the degree in which you majored?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I talked to them at my universities career fair and then was called later in the day to set up an interview on campus the following day. They went over my resume and had me talk about various points on my resume. Was emailed a week later to set up an interview in their Chicago, IL office. Have not completed that interview yet.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I did not have to do a phone interview-went straight to in person. I met with the first HR person who really just wanted to get to know me. Asked me about my previous jobs..why I liked them...what I am looking for out of a company's culture and what other industries I have been interviewing with. Then I shadowed two different employees, and talked to one more lady at the end of the interview. She basically just wrapped everything up and asked me what I thought of the shadowing experience. She said I would hear back in 1-2 weeks. I heard back and accepted a position in 4 days. But, my start date was not for another month after being hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

There is a phone interview. They ask you questions about why you want to work there, how you found it, and why you are qualified to work there. They also want to learn a little bit about you.

If you make it through the phone interview, they invite you to visit their office in person. It is a 2 hour interview process. They ask you more detailed questions, give you a tour of the office, and let you shadow two people.

They get back to you in two weeks after your in person interview to let you know if they are going to go through with you or not.

Interview Questions

• What does "no excuses" mean to you?   1 Answer

National Account Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Met at the career far at my college, sent a follow up email to the recruiter. Recruiter reached out to me for a phone interview. Quick 15-min phone interview basically to get to know you and if you are a right for them and if they are a right fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you want to work here?   1 Answer

Interview

phone screen and technical round
    technical round is too hard
    questions are mostly not related to the role
    prepare well for the cs questions
    bad technical people and bad questions

Interview Questions

• irrelevant questions
      I applied for a test automation rolesand they asked me dynamic programming questions which is pretty hard.
      Who the hell in the world uses dynamic programming in test automation   Answer Question
    • datastructures questions   Answer Question