Cpsi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cpsi Interview Questions

2.5

Interface Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I sent my resume to the company at the beginning of the year. Received a call during the summer for a different position but turned it down due to travel time. They must have kept my resume because I received a call later in the year to interview for this position. Made an appointment for interview and had to fill out application from receptionist. The interview itself was with 3 different managers and they had a list of questions to ask and took notes during the interview. The questions were typical interview questions that focused very much conflict resolution based "tell us a time when", also a lot of time/project management questions. During the interview they were very down to earth and I felt as if I was already a colleague. I received a call the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had a problem with a customer/client   Answer Question

Software Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Easy process, meet with multiple managers and upper management. Provide a brief 15 minute power point presentation or oral presentation about yourself. Sometimes you have to do this a few cycles before a final decision is made.

Callbacks and final decision.

Interview Questions

• Willing to travel extensively - 80%   1 Answer

Financial Software Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL).

Interview

First interview is a joke. A manager simply hands you the benefits sheet and discusses. Then you go to a second interview where you teach a group of directors and managers how to do something. People have made pb&j sandwiches, tied shoes, discussed processes of dumb stuff. I was told beforehand that I couldnt discuss a basic MS Access database because CPSI didnt use that software. Pretty silly for a very silly job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no negotiation power as it was my first job outta college. Had to take the base pay of 28,000.

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I met with a manager and reviewed basic getting to know you interview questions. I was then called back after a couple of days and had a second interview in which I had to give a five minute presentation on a topic of my choosing. After the presentation I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   2 Answers

HL7 Interface Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi.

Interview

The interview process for an HL7 interface analyst at CPSI can be a tad grueling. I had a total of three interviews followed by a phone call to offer me the position. The first interview was a round table type discussion where all of the managers and senior members of the department asked me questions about myself and my former jobs. The second interview was more of the same but with only managers this time and was more geared towards how I would handle certain situations in the workplace. The final interview was with just the director and I feel like that interview was more of a formality than anything else. The entire process took around a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation in which you had to deal with a very difficult customer and what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. CPSI is one of the few companies that will take someone who doesn't even know what HL7 is and train them from the ground up. As a result they have plenty of applicants and do not have to negotiate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi.

Interview

I completed a brief phone interview before coming for my first in-person interview with a Support Manager. The initial interview was not difficult at all--it felt more like the job was being pitched to me. The manager obviously had an outline of points to go through with me, after which he asked if I had any questions. I asked a few intelligent questions about the software and the company's future after the Meaningful Use rush expires, but in retrospect I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered if I had asked nothing.

The second round of interviews involves a 5-10 minute presentation on any topic of your choice to a group of managers and directors. Since your primary function as a support rep is to provide pre-implementation training, they want to see that you are comfortable in a presenting role. The atmosphere of the presentation was very casual. My interviewees asked no difficult questions and goofed around with each other, which put me at ease. After the presentation, all but one cleared the room and a short formal interview followed.

I got the phone call with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important qualities in a leader?   Answer Question

Tech Support - Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in December 2012.

Interview

Found out about a tech support opening and applied for it. Received a call to schedule an interview.

Interview day: interviewed by Tech Support managers. It went well. The managers were pretty clear about the company's goal, the job role, and what they expect from a rep.

Also interviewed by an assistant director on the same day. This part was a little more into depth, but not too different from the managers part. It went well, too.

Received a call within a week with an offer. I accepted it.

Had an orientation day, followed by a 1-month training that got me ready to start in the call queue.

Pretty smooth process.

Interview Questions

• There was none I can remember. The interview with both the assist. director and managers had an informal, but professional tone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not too much room for negotiation. Entry level position

Financial Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

First interview is with a manager and it was brief and typical of a first interview. Asked about previous work experience, etc. Second interview is a presentation (on any topic of your choice) for a panel of VP level managers. My presentation was with 5-6 managers. Received a job offer within a week of the second interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with the vice president of the programming department and the director of the programming department. The VP asked me your typical fluff interview questions. The director performed the technical portion of the interview. It was a pretty standard interview for software developers in Mobile, Alabama.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated ahead of time through the recruiter.

Software Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

Many who are hired were recommended by current employee. Depending on who you know, it could be two or three interviews. General interview with dept managers. Basic questions some behavioral but not real complicated or tricky like you hear other companies do. Last interview is giving some sort of presentation on your chosen topic, followed by basic topic related questions. They are looking at presentation, communication, and how you would represent their company when teaching hospital staff how to use their software. Choose a topic you know well. Topics I've heard from others; How to make a specialty coffee from Starbucks, Presentations on how to draw a portrait, Realtor presentation on listing a home for sale. Options are limitless!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's not much if any room for negotiation on salary. They have a general standard starting pay which is lower than standard but if you do not want to move out of Mobile, it's a good place to start. Many other little percs as well such as pretty good medical and dental and on-site medical clinic. They do yearly evaluations with possible pay increase. Profit sharing after 3 years employment and 401k match but the cap is really low so that stinks. Just weigh it all out for your needs.