Cpsi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cpsi

2.5

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL).

Interview

It was just a general question/answer interview. I believe you now have to do a brief presentation. My interview was 1 on 1 but I believe they do panel interviews now.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cpsi in December 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was empathetic to my needs. I was a previous employer. He explained the position well and promised opportunity for growth. He made being nervous impossible with light hearted conversation as well as questions for me.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Typical interview with several managers. Feels intimidating at first but managers were somewhat relaxed and very friendly/personal. Brief overview of daily duties for job and job benefits. They said they would be in touch and call everyone within the month either way.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with the vice president of the programming department and the director of the programming department. The VP asked me your typical fluff interview questions. The director performed the technical portion of the interview. It was a pretty standard interview for software developers in Mobile, Alabama.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated ahead of time through the recruiter.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview then given a programming exercise to complete within a week. I much prefer this to the on the spot technical Q and A that serve no purpose but to make the interviewer trip up the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had with Linux.   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in January 2010.

Interview

I would say they talk a great game to lure you in; once you've been there for about 3 weeks there true colors start to show. I have never started a job with little training and thrown to the wolves.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told I can take what they give me. I was expecting that they would look an what I was making from my past employer and work history and crunch better numbers.

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

Laid back discussion. You mainly just talk about yourself and what you have done in the past based on the position you're trying to get hired for. They give you some comparisons to see how you would handle them.

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I met with a manager and reviewed basic getting to know you interview questions. I was then called back after a couple of days and had a second interview in which I had to give a five minute presentation on a topic of my choosing. After the presentation I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   2 Answers

Software Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cpsi (Mobile, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

Many who are hired were recommended by current employee. Depending on who you know, it could be two or three interviews. General interview with dept managers. Basic questions some behavioral but not real complicated or tricky like you hear other companies do. Last interview is giving some sort of presentation on your chosen topic, followed by basic topic related questions. They are looking at presentation, communication, and how you would represent their company when teaching hospital staff how to use their software. Choose a topic you know well. Topics I've heard from others; How to make a specialty coffee from Starbucks, Presentations on how to draw a portrait, Realtor presentation on listing a home for sale. Options are limitless!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's not much if any room for negotiation on salary. They have a general standard starting pay which is lower than standard but if you do not want to move out of Mobile, it's a good place to start. Many other little percs as well such as pretty good medical and dental and on-site medical clinic. They do yearly evaluations with possible pay increase. Profit sharing after 3 years employment and 401k match but the cap is really low so that stinks. Just weigh it all out for your needs.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cpsi.

Interview

I completed a brief phone interview before coming for my first in-person interview with a Support Manager. The initial interview was not difficult at all--it felt more like the job was being pitched to me. The manager obviously had an outline of points to go through with me, after which he asked if I had any questions. I asked a few intelligent questions about the software and the company's future after the Meaningful Use rush expires, but in retrospect I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered if I had asked nothing.

The second round of interviews involves a 5-10 minute presentation on any topic of your choice to a group of managers and directors. Since your primary function as a support rep is to provide pre-implementation training, they want to see that you are comfortable in a presenting role. The atmosphere of the presentation was very casual. My interviewees asked no difficult questions and goofed around with each other, which put me at ease. After the presentation, all but one cleared the room and a short formal interview followed.

I got the phone call with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important qualities in a leader?   Answer Question