Crème de la Crème – Preschool Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Crème de la Crème – Preschool

2.3

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool (Atlanta, GA) in May 2007.

Interview

I filled out the application to apply, they called me the next day to tell me that I had an interview on the following week. I then came in, and waited a long time because they seemed disorganized. I had a one on one interview, however one of the directors kept coming in and out of the room, hearing snippets of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They automatically told me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Contacted after having responded to a monster.com posting for the position. After a face to face interview with exec. director I was hired on the spot. Director was very friendly and approachable. Questions were as to be expected for a teaching position at a daycare. Salary negotiated was never honored by employer

Negotiation

DISHONEST! At first my hourly pay would not be the one I desired, but was promised an increase to a number I agreed on. I based my acceptance on this promise of a $3.50 raise once school reached 50% capacity of enrollment. When that target was reached the raise was never honored by employer. If you negotiate an hourly rate, be sure to get it in writing and get a signature and most importantly GET A COPY!

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool in May 2012.

Interview

Emailed resume and cover letter one day.
    Got a call for an interview the very next morning (8am!)
    Went in for interview.
    Director seemed very uninterested throughout the entire interview, yet still wanted me to do a second/working interview that same day!
    Got an offer as soon as they did the background check.

Now I know why they were so fast with the hiring process.
    They have a very high turnover because it's a bad place to work. They are never fully staffed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero negotiation.
    However, it was higher than I expected, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool in September 2009.

Interview

I filled out an application at the school and was called back a couple of days later for an interview. The application was 14 pages long! Not kidding! The interview process was very short and kind of chaotic with her phone ringing off the hook and constant knocks on her office door. She sent me into many different rooms to observe and left me there for almost an hour. When she finally came back for me, she said she would give me a call. I took it as I wasn't getting the job. I called back a couple of days later to ask if the position had been filled. She told me she had many interviews lined up for that day, and if none of them worked out, I could have the job. Not very professional to basically say I was their last resort.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were asked and answered in the 14 page application!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $11.00 an hour and said they wouldn't offer more than $10.00 without some sort of teaching certification or degree. Now I know they pay what they want to pay you reguardless of this or that.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool (Plano, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was a in person interview. I went into the school and filled out an application and went right in to interview with the director once done with my application. She asked me a few questions about teaching and the typical strength and weakness.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what age is my favorite to teach. I figure they ask this to pick the best age for me.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool.

Interview

Sent resume, got a phone call, absurdly long application that you should fill out ahead of time, few basic questions from director/directors about childcare and why you left last position. I went and observed a class before I accepted an offer, but did not have a working interview (although many others did). Working interview seems to depend on how well you do in your interview with the directors .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You really don't have much wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool (Coppell, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I went and talked the director of education. She asked me questions about curriculum implementation and my educational background. We talked about positive guidance andnworking with others. She told me about creme ideas and standards and then offered me the job. Which i accepted immediately and then i worked there for 2 years.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool (Edison, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 20 minutes. I was given a tour afterwards, too. The staff was very nice and friendly and the women interviewing me made me feel very comfortable. They asked basic questions about experience/education and what would you would do in certain situations like dealing with parents. They covered the curriculum, and what a typical day looks like for a teacher at Creme. I was then introduced to the staff and given some papers with more information to take home with me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were having issues with a parent?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool.

Interview

The interview process was not hard at all. It was one of the easier interviews I had been on. This was your typical run of the mill standard interview. I got asked some questions, was given a tour of the building, and got to sit in on a class for about 12-20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crème de la Crème – Preschool (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and easy. I applied four days before the interview and was given a call fairly quickly to set up an interview time. Two ladies interviewed me and were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Do you see this being a permanent job?   1 Answer