Cracker Barrel Associate Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Perrysburg, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I am an internal promotion so the process is slightly different than an external hire. I was interviewed through Montage/webcam. Then they send an assessment test to determine your leadership style. Timed test. If you are willing to relocate you can go to home office training immediately. Otherwise you wait for an open position in your area. When they have a need for you they send you to home office for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a manager for Cracker Barrel?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

District Manager interviews you for about an hour. He starts with a little about himself, to put you at ease, then asks to know about you. After that the situational questions begin, pretty basic questions, you are in the middle of the dining area so don't get distracted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone feedback. What did you tell them and how did it go?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Interview was ok. First on the phone and then to meet dm. Phone interview was good. Led me on to believe I would get an offer. Dm interview went well. Called the same week and they said that they had promoted someone from within.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Columbus, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview went quite well actually. After speaking with the talent acquisitioner, he was impressed enough to set up an interview with the DM. To my surprise, I was invited to one of the busiest stores in the district. I believe this is a tactic to observe your body language during the lunch rush. The GM was pleasant, yet not easily impressed. He barely smiled but my experience and answers were enough to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to teach and coach a team to moral and company standards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

- Multiple phone interviews with HR and direct supervisor followed by a day of panel interviews and a lunch
    - HR kept in touch during the whole process and made it super easy
    - Everyone was so nice, it was awesome!

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Received a call because my resume was seen online. Set up HR interview which lead to an interview with the District Manager, which went very well. He was extremely easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Just your basics "strengths and weaknesses" type. I think because of my experience and references, they kept it pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was very generous.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

Two hours of lies! They tell you about all this money you are going to make and you won't. They tell you that they care and they don't. They tell you you'll never work position and you will be a grill cook 70% of your shift. Lies lies lies!
    You will go to home office and they will continue their lies there too!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CB?
      Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oldsmar, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

hr contacts you then you have an assessment test you have to do with a background check then a interview with the district manager it was two interviews you have to go on before they bring you in for employment

Interview Questions

• WHAT I WOULD BRING TO THE COMPANY   1 Answer

Negotiation

based on previous salary

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

I was promoted internally. I had worked for this company for 7 years as a server/shift leader and after college was offered a position in management. I spoke with a recruiter and after I pasted all the test was given an offer on compensation. The training is long but extremely valuable if you want to be successful.

Interview Questions

• There is a personally test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Manchester, TN) in November 2012.

Interview

Why did you choose Cracker Barrel? What are your strengths? Tell me about a time when a supervisor was unhappy with something you were directly responsible for. Are you early or on time?
    What are your hobbies? Can you work weekends? Can you work nine days in a row after having a weekend off? Will you close the store on one day, work a mid 10-9 the next, then open the third day?

Interview Questions

• How much $ do you want? Why cracker barrel?   1 Answer