Cracker Barrel Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

1.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

He asked me questions. I then answered those questions. He asked if I had questions. I asked him questions. He answered those questions. We shook hands. I left. These are extra words, because I need a 30 word minimum and apparently I'm more concise than this website would like me to be.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Harker Heights, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Harker Heights, TX).

Interview

On the spot same day of inquiry . e plainexwhat the. Job requirements were and how tube training process would work for advancement..dress codes....scripted greetings and menu options. Table rotations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Belcamp, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

The first time I applied it was April 4th. I received a text saying they wanted to schedule an appointment. I called them and them and they said to call back in a month. So one month later I called and they gave me an interview. It was very basic questions. They then told me they weren't hiring. I was so shocked and was confused as to why they gave me the interview. Overall very easy and simple process.

Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (New Port Richey, FL).

Interview

I had filled out a application on indeed jobs called Cracker Barrel too follow up and took not even a day , spoke to a manger and he had said if he liked what I saw he would give me an interview. I had got a email saying to schedule a interview so I did. The girl was very sweet and asked me what my future plans were and what I liked about the restaurant business she had told me host was over staffed and that I would be great for the job and she can try and get me into cashiering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes we negotiated and she said she can cross train me or have me be a cashier instead of a host

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kokomo, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall an easy going interview. The manger was very kind (but he is no longer there) and professional. After you are hired you go through a series of computer training courses about ethics and the things you will do on the job. There are several acronyms that they will expect you to remember. Depending on location, you will have to learn a seating program using a main computer and iPads which is fairly simple if you have basic knowledge of a smart phone.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2015.

Interview

The process is a very easy process that was simple as for most low wage positions. There the ETC called me and set up an interview time. When I went I sat with one of the managers and talked with him then I talked with him and the GM.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Cracker Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Maumee, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

not much of an interview. if you get a call the job is pretty much yours. all that happened was I sat down and listened to the manager talk and then told me the job was mine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. the manager said what the job title is, what the pay is, and asked if it was something I would be interested in

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum Heights, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Linthicum Heights, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied at the restaurant. I was about to get interviewed on the spot but they were too busy so we scheduled an interview. I came in and was asked a couple questions. We set up a second interview. I came in and the GM didn't know he had an appointment so he was late coming to the table. He asked me a couple questions and eventually told me I had the job. We set up the orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mount Vernon, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

My sister had worked there for years so when I went to the interview it was pretty straightforward. If they have a good trusted employee, such as my sister, that refers somebody the chances of getting hired are pretty good as they would rather have someone with backed credibility than some random stranger.

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Paducah, KY) in July 2012.

Interview

Filled out application at the store, interview with manager and then general manager. Pretty simple process compared to most food service industry positions. No real hard questions or anything. Was hired on the spot after the two consecutive interviews.