Cracker Barrel Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.8

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed twice, no offer. Thought it went well but there was no call. I was very prepared. Interviewed on a thursday afternoon as well as saturday afternoon. The second interview went better than the first.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (San Marcos, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty fast. I came in and waited for about 15 minutes before someone came to speak with me. Once interview started it was easy going from there, it took about 30 minutes and flew by. They said they would call me in for a second interview that same day, which they did. I went in for the second interview and that one took about 5 minutes and i was hired right after.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

He asked what position I applied for, I told him I applied to be a hostess, he told me there weren't anymore hostess positions and that I could apply for a waitress position instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application for a hostess job online and was invited in for and interview. I went in an interviewed with a manager who was very nice, we talked for about 30 minutes and he told me he would like me to come back in and talk with the other manager. A girl I know was applying for a cashier job around the same time. We both had interviews with the other manager on the same day. It was my 2nd interview and her 1st. When she went in the lady that spoke with her told her that she should be a hostess and that she didn't want to be a cashier. She then introduces her to the manager and they went back to interview. I believe this lady was an employee training coordinator or something. She spoke with the manager for a minute and then came over to me and told me that they weren't in need of any hostesses at that time.

I did not consider this a good experience. They convinced the other girl to take the job I wanted instead of the job she applied for. Then lied to me and instead of telling me that they wanted to hire someone else, they told me that they didn't need any more hostesses. I find this hard to believe because the first manager I interviewed with was talking about schedules and what days I could work. Also, if they didn't need hostesses, why have me come in twice? The whole thing was a bad experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Midland, TX).

Interview

The interview was fine, he asked very easy questions and ended very quickly. He was very interested in leadership skills. The manager didn't remember my name at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Cracker Barrel does two interviews. My first interview was very good. The manager was friendly, natural, and personable. I felt like I was just talking to someone about myself. The second interview was not as good, however. I came about five minutes early for the interview, but the manager did not come for almost half an hour. When he did come, he was in a rush to finish the interview and due to his foreign accent, I had trouble understanding him as he quickly asked questions. Other than the second interview, the questions were concise and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What does pleasing people mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What was a hard task you had to accomplish and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (York, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to go through 2 interviews. The first one was with a new manager, and the 2nd one was with the main general manager. When I went to my 2nd interview, they told me that the manager was busy, so I'd have to reschedule. On the rescheduled date, they had me wait 55 minutes for my interview. So not a very professional experience.

Interview Questions

• What does "urgency with a purpose" mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Urbana, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview made me feel very comfortable, the question were very easy to answer. They asked prior job experience and life experience related to the position. The interviewer was very warm and made me feel like I was joining a family. The atmosphere of the restaurant was warm and inviting and I loved how everyone was friendly to as soon as I arrived.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about my last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very good I told them what I expected and they counter offered

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Orangeburg, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Manager was nice. Asked a few simple questions about my personality and work experience. Perhaps the interview was so simple is because the hostess job isny that"complicated"Got a job offer about a week later. Very positive interview overall, I suggest for lots of people to apply.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was good ask about my life how long i have been hosting do i like what i do how was i dill with a problem do i get along with people

Interview Questions

• How long have i been doing my job   1 Answer