Cracker Barrel Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Merrillville, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Took around 30 minutes. Interviewer was honest about why he could or couldn't hire. Talked to me about transferring me to another location when I leave for college which was super helpful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Cypress, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

When applying online I checked the box to be texted if they wanted me to interview. I got a text with a number saying to call them. I called and we scheduled an interview. I interviewed and he told me on the spot that he wanted me to work there but I must go through a back ground check. I filled filed for that within the hour and was emailed back two days later asked to come for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you made a goal, planned, and followed through to completion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Canton, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a text the very next morning saying that Cracker Barrel wanted an interview with me. I got it scheduled on a Friday (i did this on a Monday). Overall very quick process. Manager told me I did so good answering questions that he was going to skip the second interview with me!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   Answer Question
    • What was a difficult situation you came across in a previous job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you're on a team with 3 other people, and they're all dragging you down?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed twice, no offer. Thought it went well but there was no call. I was very prepared. Interviewed on a thursday afternoon as well as saturday afternoon. The second interview went better than the first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very simple question and a positive interview. Did not take a long time. They emailed me the day after I submitted my application online and I called and scheduled an interview for the next day.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (San Marcos, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty fast. I came in and waited for about 15 minutes before someone came to speak with me. Once interview started it was easy going from there, it took about 30 minutes and flew by. They said they would call me in for a second interview that same day, which they did. I went in for the second interview and that one took about 5 minutes and i was hired right after.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

He asked what position I applied for, I told him I applied to be a hostess, he told me there weren't anymore hostess positions and that I could apply for a waitress position instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application for a hostess job online and was invited in for and interview. I went in an interviewed with a manager who was very nice, we talked for about 30 minutes and he told me he would like me to come back in and talk with the other manager. A girl I know was applying for a cashier job around the same time. We both had interviews with the other manager on the same day. It was my 2nd interview and her 1st. When she went in the lady that spoke with her told her that she should be a hostess and that she didn't want to be a cashier. She then introduces her to the manager and they went back to interview. I believe this lady was an employee training coordinator or something. She spoke with the manager for a minute and then came over to me and told me that they weren't in need of any hostesses at that time.

I did not consider this a good experience. They convinced the other girl to take the job I wanted instead of the job she applied for. Then lied to me and instead of telling me that they wanted to hire someone else, they told me that they didn't need any more hostesses. I find this hard to believe because the first manager I interviewed with was talking about schedules and what days I could work. Also, if they didn't need hostesses, why have me come in twice? The whole thing was a bad experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Midland, TX).

Interview

The interview was fine, he asked very easy questions and ended very quickly. He was very interested in leadership skills. The manager didn't remember my name at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Cracker Barrel does two interviews. My first interview was very good. The manager was friendly, natural, and personable. I felt like I was just talking to someone about myself. The second interview was not as good, however. I came about five minutes early for the interview, but the manager did not come for almost half an hour. When he did come, he was in a rush to finish the interview and due to his foreign accent, I had trouble understanding him as he quickly asked questions. Other than the second interview, the questions were concise and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What does pleasing people mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What was a hard task you had to accomplish and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question