Cracker Barrel Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

1.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed twice, no offer. Thought it went well but there was no call. I was very prepared. Interviewed on a thursday afternoon as well as saturday afternoon. The second interview went better than the first.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application for a hostess job online and was invited in for and interview. I went in an interviewed with a manager who was very nice, we talked for about 30 minutes and he told me he would like me to come back in and talk with the other manager. A girl I know was applying for a cashier job around the same time. We both had interviews with the other manager on the same day. It was my 2nd interview and her 1st. When she went in the lady that spoke with her told her that she should be a hostess and that she didn't want to be a cashier. She then introduces her to the manager and they went back to interview. I believe this lady was an employee training coordinator or something. She spoke with the manager for a minute and then came over to me and told me that they weren't in need of any hostesses at that time.

I did not consider this a good experience. They convinced the other girl to take the job I wanted instead of the job she applied for. Then lied to me and instead of telling me that they wanted to hire someone else, they told me that they didn't need any more hostesses. I find this hard to believe because the first manager I interviewed with was talking about schedules and what days I could work. Also, if they didn't need hostesses, why have me come in twice? The whole thing was a bad experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Richmond, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got an interview in 3-5 days. They made me sit there for a long time. when they came over they asked me a few questions. they asked me how old I was and because I was 16 they said they only hire 18+ and let me leave. They obviously did not read my resume before calling me in. plus their application said 16 years old minimun

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Dickson, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager got in touch with me the same day for an interview the following Monday. I went in 20 minutes early and waited for about 10 minutes before I was interviewed. The general manager only asked me about past experience and then talked for the rest of the interview about the company. He mentioned asking me some situational questions but never ended up doing so. He then explained that if he hadn't gotten in touch in 48 hours, then they'd went ahead with someone else. It seemed clear to me that they'd found someone else at that point.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

It felt like midway through the interview the manager said they already just hired people and it was beginning to be their slow season then she just got up and left it was the weirdest interview I've been on and the manager seemed kind of rude towards the end

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I walked into ask for an application because I knew that they were hiring for certain positions. I filled it out and went back the same day to ask for the manager. Gave him my application and he interviewed on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Called in for an interview with a manager. Asked questions about my education and extracurricular activities. Called back for a second interview and went over same questions, and additionally talked about my schedule and availability.

Interview Questions

• How can you relate a situation from school to one as a hostess?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Interview

I had my interview immediately after I put in my application. They treated me with respect and we extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• everything was extremely easy. there weren't any questions that put me on edge. very simple   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Florida City, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

First you fill out and application and ask to see a manager, after that a manager see you and lets you know if you qualify for any position available. Then, they either tell you to come back or to wait for a call.

Interview Questions

• Overall the question asked where very easy.   1 Answer