Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.2

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

The former manager was very rude. I believe he didn't like older women. He is no longer at this location. I dealt with him twice within a year and a half time. He didn't want to interview me let alone hire me.

Interview Questions

• nothing. He told me to go online at snagajob.com   2 Answers

Night Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I submitted my application and the next day received a text to call the store to set up an interview. I called on a friday and was set to do an interview on Monday. At this interview I was told i had a lack of experience and was asked if there were any other positions I was interested in. I said dishwasher so i was asked to come back in for a second interview. At this interview like the first I was asked basic questions. he then said he would call be back either way. One week later and no call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

It went well. I am still in high school so there were a lot of questions about school. It was a very casual interview. Had to wait almost an hour for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Garden, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Winter Garden, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called the same day to set up an interview for three days later. I came in and waited about twenty minutes for my interview and during the wait, I sensed that I didn't get the job. However the interview went on, the Retail manager came and spoke about the position I applied for and asked about my availability. He spoke for the majority of the time and after asked if I had any questions for him so he could basically talk some more. I barely said a word and wasn't really given the opportunity to present myself, the manager seemed to have his mind set on not hiring me. At the end of the interview he gave me his business card and didnt tell me to expect a call so I knew I didn't get the job.

Just a heads up, Cracker Barrel usually gives you 3.5-12 hours a week, if you're okay with that then, go for the job otherwise don't apply.

My interview wasn't really much of an interview, so I'd say it was easy, for this particular position I'd recommend being really outgoing and being bold. Good luck to anyone applying for this position!

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lumberton, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The man who interviewed me was really nice. They just never let me know if I got the job or not. I had to call them about it after over a week had gone by since my interview.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed twice, no offer. Thought it went well but there was no call. I was very prepared. Interviewed on a thursday afternoon as well as saturday afternoon. The second interview went better than the first.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Belcamp, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

The first time I applied it was April 4th. I received a text saying they wanted to schedule an appointment. I called them and them and they said to call back in a month. So one month later I called and they gave me an interview. It was very basic questions. They then told me they weren't hiring. I was so shocked and was confused as to why they gave me the interview. Overall very easy and simple process.

Busser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

i have an experineces working for busser. i have an experiencs working for prep cook. i am ready to work. i always think os postive ways and i love to help with others and i am fast and friendly.

Busser/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kissimmee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I arrived for my interview about 10 minutes before my scheduled time. A host led me to an empty table to wait for the manager, she offered me water on our way there. Soon after the manager came out to shake my hand, then excused himself while he got my information. He comes back and starts asking me questions about my previous work experience and availability. He then said I had put6 him in a tight spot. He had to turn me down because I did not have restraint experience. You apparently need that to wash dishes.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email months after I applied. First interview was with server manager, second interview was with GM. I was given a menu after first interview but no questions were asked about the menu.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a coworker that was slacking when it was busy?   Answer Question
    • I was asked do you have any questions at the beginning, middle and end of interview.   Answer Question