Cracker Barrel Cashier/Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Cashier/Retail Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.0

Cashier/Retail Interview

Interview

I was called for an interview 2 days after applying online. I was called for an interview for 5pm. I arrived 30 minutes early and was told to sit outside. They called me in at exactly 5pm. The interview was relatively easy and lasted about 10-15 minutes. She was very easy to talk too. She also give me a brief description about the job and uniform. She told me she will send the background check through email. As soon as I left, she sent the background check. I completed it right then and there. A week later, I was called for orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall interview was roughly 10 minutes and it was so easy to communicate with the manager. We made small talk and I was nervous at first but he made it pleasant!

Retail Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Frederick, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email asking me to call the restaurant to set up an interview a few days later. I set up an interview with the manager for the next day. He seemed a little tough but nice. It took about 20 minutes. He told me he would recommend they hire me then a week later another manager called me to fill out a background check form online. Once I did that I was offered the job via email. Then someone called me to come in for training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Why do you want to work here? Why should I hire you?, What is your greatest weakness and don't say you work too hard?, What skills do you have that I want?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (League City, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

30 minute sit-down with the retail-side of CB's management. They interviewed me right there in the restaurant, and immediately offered me water or tea. Asked me questions regarding what attracted me to CB, what my skills are, and what my availability was. Biggest question for them was to make sure I wasn't someone they would hire, and then take off only a few months later, for another job.

Interview Questions

• How much are you expecting from a CB paycheck every week? (They pay weekly instead of bi-weekly, and they ask to make sure they can reasonably meet your expectations.)   1 Answer
    • What's your most valuable trait that you can offer to our Cracker Barrel team?   1 Answer

Cashier/Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I applied and submitted my application online. The next day I received a phone call from the assistant manager to schedule an interview. When I arrived at Cracker Barrel, the manager and I sat at one of the tables to do the interview. She told me that they were in demand for cashier/retail and most people applied as servers.

She gave me an availability form to fill out and sign. Then we delved into interview questions which were standard questions asked in any customer service position. She read most of the interview questions on a piece of paper and wrote my response down. After she interviewed me, she went over Cracker Barrel uniform. Once she was done explaining the uniform policy, she had me read the job description while she went to speak to the Employer Training Coordinator to send me a background check email. The Employer Training Coordinator gave me a folder with my orientation start date, wage, Cracker Barrel dress code and Cracker Barrel benefits.

She wasn’t a really good interviewer and missed a critical part in explaining the “par system.” I had to ask her why the employees had aprons and stars.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself. What do you do at your current job?
      - Tell me about a time when you made a decision at work without the feedback from your supervisor.
      Answer Question
    • - How would your current supervisor describe your work style? How would you describe your work style?
      - Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your job description to ensure the success of your team.
      Answer Question
    • - Tell me about a time when you provided great customer service. What was the customer needs and what was your response?
      - The retail industry can be very demanding at times. Tell me about a time when you worked at a fast pace during a demanding work day.
      Answer Question
    • - Tell me about a time when you were helping a guest but another guest was asking you for assistance.
      - Tell me about a time when you followed through to reach a goal. What actions did you take and what was the outcome?
      Answer Question
    • - Describe a time when you influenced or persuaded a guest. What was the situation, what actions did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

So I applied online and received an email from the location I applied for within 5 days... I called that day( which was a thursday) and scheduled an interview for the next day Friday. The first interview we sat in the dining area and talked briefly about my work experience and what they offer at the company and telling them about myself....after that they scheduled for me to come in that Monday so meet the retail manager and it was laid back positive and fun....we talked about what would u do and tell me a time when questions for about 30 min...she offered me the job starting at 8.44hr. After the interview she emailed me a background check form to complete once it come back she said she will email or call for me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would u do and tell me a time when?   1 Answer

Retail Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Morton, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I only got 1 interview and they just asked why I wanted to work there. If I had transportation. When could I work. and had me read the overview of the position then scheduled me for a 2nd interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Pembroke Pines, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied in-store; now everything is online. C.S mom gave J.V a very high reccomendation being that she had 4 Stars, which isnt necessarily a ranking but how well you know the brand and its products which Cracker Barrel has you take a test and gives you a certain percentage of sale. Anyways I walked in and had an interview with L. and she was amazing I was very nervous being that this was my first job I sat down and then when it came to be my turn I walked up introduced myself there was two people before me and people coming in after me. One thing I can remember really clearly is the time when L. said "Don't worry Hun, take a deep breath your doing well" that completly made all my anxiety and stress go out the door and I was able to completely open up with L. - the 2nd in charge Retail Staff she was a manager in training. and S. the Retail Manager who was the 2nd in charge of the entire CrackerBarrel after the General Manager. My Interview Process was short. I applied. Came in, introduced myself to the Manager, I was called back after a week, the background check no drug test well as far as when i worked there (about 1 year ago). I was interviewed. and a couple of days later I recieved a call to come in for my 1st day, which was a training day where I got paid to take all the tests which took 4 days straight of being on the computer and learning the technology and the protocols, how to interact with guests and the whole schabang, I would come in after my morning college classes and sit there from 12 to 6 bring a SWEATER, as well as food. You will get hungry and your positive country fresh attitude haha.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in asking if you had any shoes, what would you say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

I went to my local Cracker Barrel and applied in person and was interviewed that same day by the Male Manager. After the interview he told me I was qualified for the position and told me twice he would call me for a second interview with the other manager (who was just hired) when he got her schedule in order. Two weeks later and have heard nothing from them, guess honesty isn't their first priority. I have another job now, but if you say you're going to call someone then you should it's common curiosity, and Cracker Barrel at least the one in my town is seriously lacking it.

Interview Questions

• None, all questions were easy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lubbock, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

There are two interviews in the hiring process. The first interview is with one of the store managers and the second interview is with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to be asked why you want to work for Cracker Barrel and to describe any previous experiences at the restaurant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to ask off work for every Saturday that Texas Tech had a home football game.