Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter then had to complete job assignment. Then got a call to set up interview with DM. Had another interview with a another DM. Submitted for background check and drug screen. The got a email welcoming me aboard. Then you have to complete 5 weeks of MIT training before being placed in a store.

Interview Questions

• Why Cracker Barrel?
      What can you bring to the company?
      What's your leadership style?
      How do you manage time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Newport News, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day that said to call the store to set up an interview time. I had an interview the next day. I sat and waited at a table for about 10 min. for the manager. The interview lasted about 15 min. The manager was very bold and outspoken and not very friendly. This was the most negative interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Can I trust you to do the job if you're at the host stand by yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Would you be able to handle the job if its busier and if your working with other hostesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me to schedule an interview very quickly. The interview consisted of double checking information on my application and asking regular/typical interview questions. The manager that interviewed me was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in a team or by yourself?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if someone in your team is not doing their work?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Missoula, MT) in September 2017.

Interview

Walked in and talked with the hostess, got seated at a table and was offered refreshments. Waited for about 5 minutes for interviewer to show up and had a nice chat before hand, she slid the procedures to me in Spanish, which wasn’t very good at the start but quickly fixed the mistake. The whole process took about a half an hour and it wasn’t too hard.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frackville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Frackville, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming. As I was waiting for the interview to start I was asked if I needed anything or if I would like something to drink. I was interviewed by the Retail Sales Manager and it took roughly 15 minutes. Although I have no retail experience because I am in high school, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What is something you like? Try to sell that to me.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any retail experience?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to work in a group setting and how you handled working in that type of setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oxford, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

Application:
    took a little under a month, had to call every week before they'd acknowledge my existence

Interview:
     scheduled the day of without my say so, and I had to cancel my plans because this was the only day that they had to do the interview. The manager was very rude and insulted me throughout the entire interview, calling me a baby, unwilling to work, and undedicated (all untrue, worked a steady job for 3 years). The insults never stopped and he only asked two questions the entire time which took 30 minutes give or take. Also said that because I'm a minor that he wouldn't give me more than 10 hours a week because of child labor laws (also untrue, worked a full time job from age 14)

Overall:
    This was a highly negative experience and I wouldn't recommend applying if you are near Oxford, AL.

Interview Questions

• How long did you work at your previous job?   1 Answer
    • What were your job duties?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, you had to submit your CV and complete a questionnaire. The following day I received a TXT to call and schedule an interview. Came in and everyone was very warm and welcoming. I sat down with the restaurant manager who gave me a checklist stating the requirements of the position which I had to agree I could do. The interview was very easy, he asked a few interview questions and had some general chitchat kind of like talking to a friend. He said following the background check he'd be happy for me to join the team.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with us?   Answer Question
    • What does working in a team mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a positive experience with a customer   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with some difficult? If so how did you handle that   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a team member who doesn't seem to care and is falling behind   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next few years?   Answer Question
    • You said you were previously in sales.. sell me these salt and pepper shakers   Answer Question

Cashier/Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy, simple process. None of the questions were too out of the ordinary and the interviewer was very kind and comfortable to talk to. I received an email about 30 minutes after my interview stating I'd gotten the job and linking to the forms I needed to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • If you were a color, what color would you be?   1 Answer

Night Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Vicksburg, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

It was really long and intimidating which led to me ultimately getting the job but I turned it down due to the incriminating questions and their already biased establishment which I became aware of upon entering the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Did you have a criminal background as a juvenile?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Memphis, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview itself went well. It was about 30 minutes and just the basic questions. I was offered the job on the spot, and that's where things fell apart. The training coordinator never called in the two weeks I was told it would most likely take. The manager who hired me called me a month later and asked if I ever was called for training. When I told her I wasn't she said she would call me back the next day herself and then I never heard back.