Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.0

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Macon, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

If you get an email after you apply, you have to call them to set up an interview. On the day of the interview, you show up and ask for the general manager or the hiring manager. Then, a manger will interview you. After that, he/she may tell you that you have to have a second interview. After the second interview, they're supposed to call you back within a certain time frame. I guess that is if they are going to employ you.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my availability, and they wanted me to tell them something about me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Davenport, IA).

Interview

I got hired on the second interview. Very basic. I had no experience so it was all well and good to them. However I ended up not liking the job very much.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview. Applied online. Got a text to schedule an interview within a week. Called up there to schedule it. Typical interview questions then was hired on spot. Had to wait on the background check which takes about 7-10 days though.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2017.

Interview

I mostly listened to the person interviewing talk about the job. I didn't get a chance to talk much. The person was very nice and made it seem like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and when I'd be available to work.   Answer Question

Back Up Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gas City, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Gas City, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was super easy. He was really friendly and did not make me wait or act hurried. He took a lot of time making sure my questions were answered and relating to my life experiences. Interviewed Monday, hired on the spot. Submitted background check stuff. They called Tuesday, I had orientation Wednesday.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Cracker Barrel online and they interviewed me between two weeks. I called multiple times to the store to help speed up this process. After getting an email saying I'd been invited for an interview and open dates, I had to call the store and select one. I believe my interview time was like a Thursday at 1 pm. I did two interviews, my first was with a lower level store manager and she was incredibly friendly and just asked me about myself, the absolutes, and other simple questions. My second interview was a week later with the head store manager and was less friendly, but very informative of what Cracker Barrel expects and how I should preform. It was less of an interview and more of an introduction to the company.

Interview Questions

• What does "Urgency with a purpose" mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Milford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It lasted about 5 mins then I got invited to a second interview. The second interview was easier than the first and I was informed that they will give me a decision in 2 days. The whole process took about a week

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Columbus, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy and quick, I went in and waited for the manager to come out and they asked me all about my educational/vocational background. After that, the hiring manager came out and told me the honest truth of what to expect, so the interview was great, but after that just went downhill.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over all of the other applicants to serve tables quickly and efficiently?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Morton, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Well it was a 6 day process (Applying and interviewing anyways.) I got called for an interview and when I went in for it, the manager I did my whole interview with was the wrong manager so I had to come back in and do the interview over again with the retail manager. So obviously they were not organized. The questions were simple, normal interview questions, and I got the job on spot. Then I had to wait a couple days for my background check to come through, which took forever and they didn't call me for a week. Further more, I ended up calling them and they told me to come into orientation, just to tell me when I got there that I couldn't start because my background check still wasn't done. Like a week after that (3 weeks total,) I finally started.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior experience with retail sales?   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with the district manager for 2 hours. I had a second interview with someone from corporate. I had to take a test. I got a call back several weeks later on a Sunday. I had to train in Tennessee for 2 weeks, then 3 weeks at a store 4 hours from my home.