Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.0

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied the 2nd and had my interview on the 6th. The interview was short and to the point. The interviewer asked your typical interview questions. I feel like I interviewed pretty good but I never got contacted again, so overall bad experience

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of good teamwork   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

He asked what position I applied for, I told him I applied to be a hostess, he told me there weren't anymore hostess positions and that I could apply for a waitress position instead.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Brentwood, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews one with assistant manager then with manager. Very laid back. Few questions. Happens in the dining area. Very friendly not scary. Mainly about when you would be able to work and past experiences

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Spanish Fort, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was called the next day for an interview that afternoon. I was then escorted to a table in the 3rddining room section (which wasn't occupied at the time) and one of the managers soon approached me and i knew we were going to be having the interview that way. it was breifly 15 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• How would you expect a server at cracker barrels service to be like?   1 Answer

Restaurant District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

First contact was a phone screening, second contact was a skype interview, third was psychological test interview, fourth was visit to company HQ for panel interview, fifth contact was aptitude and personality test, sixth was in person interview with RVP at in-district restaurant location, and seventh interview was group of panel interviews at company HQ. I spoke with the same group of people two or three times and they all asked the same questions, each time we met, with slight variation. Very nice people and very professional in their interactions. Communication was slow, but challenges in scheduling different RVP's from other parts of the country may have been to blame for that. The company representatives were unable to fully articulate their desired end state during the interview process. With several geographical areas open for fulfillment, I had to ask for clarification at the final panel interview to try to determine where I may be directed. I should have known, at least directionally, where I may be assigned, before going to the final panel review, especially after such a lengthy engagement period.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions regarding effective coaching and leading of subordinates.   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Pretty simple, I just went in and talked straight away with a manager. After talking for about 20-30min she gave me an offer. Just need to be personable and ready to work hard

Interview Questions

• Big one, tell me about yourself...
      Are you prepared to work in a face-pace environment? (give examples...)
      Previous work history....
      Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

I sat with the general manager. She was very kind, up beat, and friendly. She was willing to work with me on my experience and try to find the best fit for me. After that I started training. Training is well constructed. They leave nothing to chance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cracker barrel?   1 Answer

Cashier/Retail Interview

Interview

I was called for an interview 2 days after applying online. I was called for an interview for 5pm. I arrived 30 minutes early and was told to sit outside. They called me in at exactly 5pm. The interview was relatively easy and lasted about 10-15 minutes. She was very easy to talk too. She also give me a brief description about the job and uniform. She told me she will send the background check through email. As soon as I left, she sent the background check. I completed it right then and there. A week later, I was called for orientation.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the next morning I got a text message asking me to call to schedule an interview. They suggested one in two days at 2PM, I asked for 4PM and they accepted. I went in and was asked to sit at a table in the back. I interviewed and was asked to come back in two more days at 4:30. I went in and there were around 4 people waiting to be interviewed as well. I interviewed with the General Manager and was told a Background Check form was being Emailed to me. This background check email told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What I would do in a situation where a customer was upset.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you're applying to be a server just be as friendly as possible, because that's what they're looking for. I didn't try and negotiate anything, so I wouldn't know how to advise anyone on that, and I'll bet it varies from person to person.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application for a hostess job online and was invited in for and interview. I went in an interviewed with a manager who was very nice, we talked for about 30 minutes and he told me he would like me to come back in and talk with the other manager. A girl I know was applying for a cashier job around the same time. We both had interviews with the other manager on the same day. It was my 2nd interview and her 1st. When she went in the lady that spoke with her told her that she should be a hostess and that she didn't want to be a cashier. She then introduces her to the manager and they went back to interview. I believe this lady was an employee training coordinator or something. She spoke with the manager for a minute and then came over to me and told me that they weren't in need of any hostesses at that time.

I did not consider this a good experience. They convinced the other girl to take the job I wanted instead of the job she applied for. Then lied to me and instead of telling me that they wanted to hire someone else, they told me that they didn't need any more hostesses. I find this hard to believe because the first manager I interviewed with was talking about schedules and what days I could work. Also, if they didn't need hostesses, why have me come in twice? The whole thing was a bad experience.