Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.0

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Canton, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a text the very next morning saying that Cracker Barrel wanted an interview with me. I got it scheduled on a Friday (i did this on a Monday). Overall very quick process. Manager told me I did so good answering questions that he was going to skip the second interview with me!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   Answer Question
    • What was a difficult situation you came across in a previous job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you're on a team with 3 other people, and they're all dragging you down?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Cypress, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

When applying online I checked the box to be texted if they wanted me to interview. I got a text with a number saying to call them. I called and we scheduled an interview. I interviewed and he told me on the spot that he wanted me to work there but I must go through a back ground check. I filled filed for that within the hour and was emailed back two days later asked to come for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you made a goal, planned, and followed through to completion.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

He asked me questions. I then answered those questions. He asked if I had questions. I asked him questions. He answered those questions. We shook hands. I left. These are extra words, because I need a 30 word minimum and apparently I'm more concise than this website would like me to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was very nice and they have a very friendly environment. However the lady who deals with the new employees was not very nice over the phone.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Glendale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to see the status of my application so they took my information. I had an interview the next day, the experience was awesome everyone was so nice and asked how my interview went wishing me good luck.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Altamonte Springs, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Due to a little incident on the way to my interview I got there like 15 minutes late, I called and let them know what what's going on, the interviewer was very understanding and told me not to worry about it. When I got there the interview lasted like five minutes, he just asked me a little about me and why Cracker Barrel, then he proceeded to talk to me about their philosophy and that even though I had not sales experience i had a lot of volunteerism and that's something they valued. One week later they asked through email for a background check, the company contacted me to confirm some other information, and about 5 days later I got an email telling me that I was part of their family and that somebody will call me for orientation, they also sent me how I was supposed to go dressed that day. That night I went and spent 40 dollars to get slacks, shirt and shoes . 4 days went by without hearing from them, so I called, the person who answered said that the girl that gives the orientation date couldn't go and that she'd there 2 days later, I called again, they told me she wasn't there neither and that I should call 2 days later because she'd be there. The third time I called, she was finally there. Guess what? She said there wasn't any records of me being interviewed or given an offer and that it was a "system problem". I told her who interviewed me and when, and that I could send the emails so she can see them, she wasn't interested in that and insisted I wasn't interviewed. I asked to talk to the person who did the interview and she said he was on "vacation" for a month and that she can't contact him. I used to admire CB so much, and honestly they lost me as a costumer, they're very unorganized and not very responsible. Also they fired a lady after about 20 years of working for them for not reason at all.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Middletown, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I asked about a job after eating at Cracker Barrel and they gave me a card which referred me to an online application. I filled it out and submitted information for a background check and completed a type of personality test. I then was called about scheduling an interview, attended the interview, and was told that I would be accepted if my background check cleared. I waited a few days, and I was hired.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harker Heights, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Harker Heights, TX).

Interview

On the spot same day of inquiry . e plainexwhat the. Job requirements were and how tube training process would work for advancement..dress codes....scripted greetings and menu options. Table rotations

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a email for an Interview the same day I applied but later that night. Went into the interview that was very straight forward and pretty easy. They asked about my availability and about myself. Then at the end, he told that he wanted me to come in the next day for a second interview. I went in and met with a female manager, she asked about my available and went straight into telling me about the uniform, wage and what is expected. I was then told I got the job! Pretty much a 2-3 day process.

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Slidell, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was called the same day I applied to set up an interview for the following day. There was a black out but I still went and they still interviewed me. The interview lasted about 10 minutes in the dinning room. Was very easy and laid back and was hired on the spot. Got my back round check that same day and was able to easily fill it out in about 10 minutes.