Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Midland, TX).

Interview

The interview was fine, he asked very easy questions and ended very quickly. He was very interested in leadership skills. The manager didn't remember my name at the end.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

It was lengthy and in depth. A book full of scenarios and questions plus a reading on the job description to see if you would like the position. It's a little much in my opinion for an hourly restaurant job. Very corporate and many rules apply

Interview Questions

• Recall a time specifically when you went above and beyond your job description to make a guest happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Cracker Barrel does two interviews. My first interview was very good. The manager was friendly, natural, and personable. I felt like I was just talking to someone about myself. The second interview was not as good, however. I came about five minutes early for the interview, but the manager did not come for almost half an hour. When he did come, he was in a rush to finish the interview and due to his foreign accent, I had trouble understanding him as he quickly asked questions. Other than the second interview, the questions were concise and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What does pleasing people mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What was a hard task you had to accomplish and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online. I received a email two days later that asked me to call and schedule a interview. So I called and spoke to the store manager. The store manager wanted me to have the interview with only about a 1 1/2 hours notice. Which I found somewhat odd. The manager was only available for an interview at that same time one week later. So I continued to pursue other offers.

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2016.

Interview

It was very informative. The manager was very helpful and answered all the questions I had. And was very patient when I had to decline the job. I did not get to speak to the retail manager first which a little disheartening but I did eventually and he was very helpful.

Interview Questions

The pay was too little then I could afford. And I needed more hours then I was offered.

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (York, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to go through 2 interviews. The first one was with a new manager, and the 2nd one was with the main general manager. When I went to my 2nd interview, they told me that the manager was busy, so I'd have to reschedule. On the rescheduled date, they had me wait 55 minutes for my interview. So not a very professional experience.

Interview Questions

• What does "urgency with a purpose" mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Urbana, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview made me feel very comfortable, the question were very easy to answer. They asked prior job experience and life experience related to the position. The interviewer was very warm and made me feel like I was joining a family. The atmosphere of the restaurant was warm and inviting and I loved how everyone was friendly to as soon as I arrived.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about my last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very good I told them what I expected and they counter offered

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morganton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Morganton, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I walked in and got offered a free drink then we got started with the interview. The overall experience was really professional and it actually felt like an interview (if you know what I mean).

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Was called in after filling out an application online. Interview was quick and easy. She asked a couple of character questions and wanted to know if I had any retail experience and what my job availability was.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN).

Interview

Assessments for match with company, Field interview, Interview at Home Office, Panel Interview, Company introductions, final offer, time between interview and offer seemed a bit len. Prepared based on my prior experience over the past 20 years helped. Researched company and had been in a Mentoring Program through Women's Food Service Forum where I was matched with the Chief People Person at Cracker Barrel. Great way to identify with a Company and get to know the E Team