Cracker Barrel Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Interview Questions in Nashville, TN

Updated Jun 1, 2017

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

He asked me questions. I then answered those questions. He asked if I had questions. I asked him questions. He answered those questions. We shook hands. I left. These are extra words, because I need a 30 word minimum and apparently I'm more concise than this website would like me to be.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Brentwood, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews one with assistant manager then with manager. Very laid back. Few questions. Happens in the dining area. Very friendly not scary. Mainly about when you would be able to work and past experiences

Restaurant District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

First contact was a phone screening, second contact was a skype interview, third was psychological test interview, fourth was visit to company HQ for panel interview, fifth contact was aptitude and personality test, sixth was in person interview with RVP at in-district restaurant location, and seventh interview was group of panel interviews at company HQ. I spoke with the same group of people two or three times and they all asked the same questions, each time we met, with slight variation. Very nice people and very professional in their interactions. Communication was slow, but challenges in scheduling different RVP's from other parts of the country may have been to blame for that. The company representatives were unable to fully articulate their desired end state during the interview process. With several geographical areas open for fulfillment, I had to ask for clarification at the final panel interview to try to determine where I may be directed. I should have known, at least directionally, where I may be assigned, before going to the final panel review, especially after such a lengthy engagement period.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions regarding effective coaching and leading of subordinates.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN).

Interview

Assessments for match with company, Field interview, Interview at Home Office, Panel Interview, Company introductions, final offer, time between interview and offer seemed a bit len. Prepared based on my prior experience over the past 20 years helped. Researched company and had been in a Mentoring Program through Women's Food Service Forum where I was matched with the Chief People Person at Cracker Barrel. Great way to identify with a Company and get to know the E Team

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

It's a long process several interviews recruiting will call and have a chat . Then you have a interview via video with HR . An RVP interview is next if you do well you will be flown in really taken care of. In the early a.m. They give a early morning assessment for two hours (none of it has anything to do with real life) . Then. Comes the panel interview three people question you about how you treat people and build teams. Next panel is operations their questions are about how you got to your current position. Be prepared you have three different personalities asking you questions.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Dickson, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager got in touch with me the same day for an interview the following Monday. I went in 20 minutes early and waited for about 10 minutes before I was interviewed. The general manager only asked me about past experience and then talked for the rest of the interview about the company. He mentioned asking me some situational questions but never ended up doing so. He then explained that if he hadn't gotten in touch in 48 hours, then they'd went ahead with someone else. It seemed clear to me that they'd found someone else at that point.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Goodlettsville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on October 27 2015. The assistant manager called me October 28 2015 and scheduled an interview for the 29th. I went for my interview and I was scheduled for a 2nd interview on November the 4th. I also went to the interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why do you want to be a hostess at Cracker Barrel?
      1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN).

Interview

Conversation with recruiter. Conversation with potential manager. Panel interviews.

Overall a good experience. All interviews were amiable and flowed easily. The downside was time wise the entire process was way too long. There seemed to be a lot of trouble coordinating schedules on their end. It was a 4-month interview process.

They ended up promoting from within, which is understandable considering it is cheaper to have someone transition into a new role than hire an entirely new employee. All feedback I received was positive, they encouraged me to keep up with their job postings to see what else becomes available. I liked the company and everyone I met so would consider applying again if a position came up that interests me.

Interview Questions

• With the recruiter is was mostly an informational session to see about my background and give a broad introduction to the position.

The second interview, with the potential manager went more in-depth about the position and asked a lot of questions about how I saw my background and strengths fitting with the role.

The round of panel interviews focused a lot on preferred management style, communication, etc.
      Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Upon receiving resume HR calls you, you take a personality test online and then have the HR screen. It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me. I then had a phone interview with the Director and then they flew me in. While onsite (which is a beautiful campus) I took a 2 hour test which had 3 different components and then a 5 hour interview with about 11 people.

Interview Questions

• Each group (in fact, each person) had pre-written interview questions they they went through as a team. Definitely a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lebanon, TN).

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences I've ever had. Would have been a relocation so I flew to Tennessee and spent an entire day interviewing as well as completing pre-employment testing. This was followed up by two additional interviews flying on different days as well as a psychological interview. I waited over a week only to have an external recruiter tell me "they are no longer considering you for the role and I don't have any other information." They spent a significant amount of time during the process discussing their culture and how much they care and respect people as well as putting people first. Asking someone to put so much time and energy into the recruitment process and then not giving them the courtesy of some feedback as to why they weren't selected is not, in my opinion, a good demonstration of putting people first.