Cracker Barrel Prep Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Ocala, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I pho ed in we had a brief phone coversation then she scheduled and interview with hersel then the next day i interviewed with the GM and then a third manager which hired me

Interview Questions

• How fast could i get a prep sheet done   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went really well the manager actually told me i was worth more then what i was asking for

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Three interviews Manager General manager, background check no drug test & District manager interview, then we had a paperwork and orientation, review of the whole store video presentation & skill training with a trainer as well menu classes and they have computer classes you must take to get a raise.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company in 3 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

None they have a set wage on all positions and you get a 2% raise every par level and 6 months after

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Macon, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process is simple. First you apply online, if you quality for the position you applied for, the hiring manger will email you a time and date to be interviewed and if they feel like you are a good candidate then the job is definitely yours.

Anonymous Employee in Pell City, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Pell City, AL).

Interview

Two interviews, one with mid level manger and then general manger. Fairly innocuous interview. If you have experience you can slightly negotiate for your starting salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Based on previous experience I was able to ask for a slightly higher starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Ottawa, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the morning and got an email later that day to call in for an interview. Called at about 11AM(Saturday) and scheduled and interview for Monday. Went in and talked to a manager for about 15 minutes asked me some basic questions about my past experience working in a kitchen and showed me a list of things I'd have to do for prep cook. Only had one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

Whats shifts are you available to work?

Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a past co-worker, and how that was resolved.

Tell me why teamwork is important to you in a kitchen environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Statesboro, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with an associate manager for initial review (mostly personality type questions) and then the general manager for the final interview which was more detailed and came with more job specific questions to see if my experience was what they were looking for. Then a quick view of the store as it was brand new and received my offer after the walk around.

Interview Questions

• What experience could relate to the job (cook) i was applying for   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Talked to kitchen supervisor one day for about 10 minutes. He told me to come back a few days later and talk to the General Manager. Talked to her for about 15 minutes. Had to wait a couple more days for my background check to come back. When it did I was offered the job. Management is very nice and upbeat. They also know what they are doing. You go through a training program before you actually start your job. It is pretty thorough, and honestly I have never gone through anything like it for a kitchen position. But you learn a lot in training. You take tests on the computer, there is a lot of reading about the business, what you are expected to do, OSHA MSDS sheets, menu items and how to plate up. I've completed 15 hours of only training so far and I have only worked for three days. And I am not finished with my computer part. Overall though it seems like decent job (since I haven't actually started cooking yet).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Depending on what position you apply for, there is a maximum pay rate to start out at. You can get a raise in 30 days. Another raise is available 60 days after that. Another raise is available after 6 months. The economy is poor right now, and this is a better job than most right now that pay $8.50 per hour.

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

A quick sit down with a manager . Dress as if you had their job and pretend to be confident. Be on time even though the managers will probably be late. Ask as many questions as you can. Be polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Jackson, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I showed up about 5 minutes early. Checked in with host who happened to be the interviewer. He says oh your going to be seeing me. He sat me at a table alone for quite some time. When he finally came out he did not really ask me anything just looked at my information . Told me about himself then said he would call me if they wanted a second interview. They never called back.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Knoxville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called into the store on a non-busy time during the week after applying online through Indeed.com. I sat down with the assistant manager and general manager. They asked me questions about my availability and previous working experiences. I was hired on the spot upon filling out a paper application.