Cracker Barrel Prep Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Prep Cook Interview Questions

2.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

A quick sit down with a manager . Dress as if you had their job and pretend to be confident. Be on time even though the managers will probably be late. Ask as many questions as you can. Be polite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Macon, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process is simple. First you apply online, if you quality for the position you applied for, the hiring manger will email you a time and date to be interviewed and if they feel like you are a good candidate then the job is definitely yours.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Ocala, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I pho ed in we had a brief phone coversation then she scheduled and interview with hersel then the next day i interviewed with the GM and then a third manager which hired me

Interview Questions

• How fast could i get a prep sheet done   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went really well the manager actually told me i was worth more then what i was asking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Jackson, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I showed up about 5 minutes early. Checked in with host who happened to be the interviewer. He says oh your going to be seeing me. He sat me at a table alone for quite some time. When he finally came out he did not really ask me anything just looked at my information . Told me about himself then said he would call me if they wanted a second interview. They never called back.

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Ottawa, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the morning and got an email later that day to call in for an interview. Called at about 11AM(Saturday) and scheduled and interview for Monday. Went in and talked to a manager for about 15 minutes asked me some basic questions about my past experience working in a kitchen and showed me a list of things I'd have to do for prep cook. Only had one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

Whats shifts are you available to work?

Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a past co-worker, and how that was resolved.

Tell me why teamwork is important to you in a kitchen environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Statesboro, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with an associate manager for initial review (mostly personality type questions) and then the general manager for the final interview which was more detailed and came with more job specific questions to see if my experience was what they were looking for. Then a quick view of the store as it was brand new and received my offer after the walk around.

Interview Questions

• What experience could relate to the job (cook) i was applying for   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Knoxville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called into the store on a non-busy time during the week after applying online through Indeed.com. I sat down with the assistant manager and general manager. They asked me questions about my availability and previous working experiences. I was hired on the spot upon filling out a paper application.

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Three interviews Manager General manager, background check no drug test & District manager interview, then we had a paperwork and orientation, review of the whole store video presentation & skill training with a trainer as well menu classes and they have computer classes you must take to get a raise.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company in 3 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

None they have a set wage on all positions and you get a 2% raise every par level and 6 months after

Anonymous Employee in Pell City, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Pell City, AL).

Interview

Two interviews, one with mid level manger and then general manger. Fairly innocuous interview. If you have experience you can slightly negotiate for your starting salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Based on previous experience I was able to ask for a slightly higher starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Garden, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Winter Garden, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I'd applied to this company online 3 previous times with no response. I decided to visit the one nearest to me. I walked in and explained to a new manager that I'd applied online previously with no response. She got a senior manager who gave me a paper job application to fill out right there and then. three different and very personable waitresses stopped by the table I was sitting at to tell me how much they enjoyed working there and which shifts I should take according to company needs or to "get noticed." One waitress told me not to work in the kitchen, but on the floor as a server because she easily made 50 dollars an hour as a server. I finished the application and met with the general manager. He said a couple of different shifts were available and had 2 or 3 more interviews to conduct that same afternoon and someone would get back to me either way. That was yesterday, May 14th, 2012. I'm still waiting and hoping.

Interview Questions

• So you are available for any and all shifts?   1 Answer
    • Is there a minimum amount of money you need to make a week to pay your bills?   1 Answer