Cracker Barrel Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Retail Associate Interview Questions

1.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Was called in after filling out an application online. Interview was quick and easy. She asked a couple of character questions and wanted to know if I had any retail experience and what my job availability was.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Jonesville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Jonesville, NC).

Interview

Great interview, very thorough and easy conversation, very friendly management and was old upfront about job position and was hired that same day pending background check and drug test. Enjoyed the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• what sales experience did I have and why did I want to work for Cracker Barrel   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Summerville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of meeting with the department manager. Was handed a piece of paper to read describing what is required and what the dress code is asked if I had any questions and she basically ran through the "worst day" scenario. Asked me what does hospitality mean and asked about my previous retail experience... After that she said I was done and she would email me the link to have the background checks done in 3 days I gotta welcome letter.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with a restaurant Mgr. on my scheduled appt. time. He asked a few things, seemed preoccupied and asked that I return on the next work day to talk to the Retail Mgr.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Ocala, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the retail manager one on one interview. She was pleasant and explain what was required for the job I was applying for. She did not tell me how many hours I would be expected to work which was a disappointment for me when I found out that it would be 8 to 12 hours a week only.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with customer service in general. Did I ever had sales goals to attain with my prior job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunbury, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Sunbury, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

While the interview was simple and straightforward, it wasn't professional to say the least. Not only did I walk out feeling extremely anxious due to the brash and passive aggressive personality the hiring manager had.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I called the store just to ask about hiring opps for 16 year olds & was asked to come in! I came in, was interviewed with manager for servers & then was referred to retail manager. I was interviewed by her a few days later, then called back for interview with the store manager. The interview with the store manager was really nice, she & I just talked about the role I would have, she got to know me, & got a feel of my personality. The interview with the store manager was a bit more intense and straightforward!

Interview Questions

• Suprisingly, I wasn't prepared to answer-- "How do you expect to handle this and your heavy school work?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Dothan, AL) in December 2013.

Interview

Asked a lot about people skills & sales skills. Were very interested in employees being personable. They really want their employees to be friendly and easy to work with. They do not require drug testing but do require a background check.

Interview Questions

• In a particularly difficult situation with a customer, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wytheville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Wytheville, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

fill out an application, meet with store manager and the manager for where you will work

Negotiation

When can you start?

Anonymous Employee in Pelham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Pelham, AL) in June 2013.

Interview

I put in an online application on Snagajob.com and after about a week from applying, I received a call from the store manager. He asked me a couple of questions about why I wanted to work for the company and why I think it would be a good match for me. Then, he scheduled an in-person interview with me. The in-person interview was fairly easy, with your typical interview questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "what is any work or volunteer experience you have." I was hired right there on the spot, and started two weeks from that day.