Cracker Barrel Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Retail Interview Questions

1.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2016.

Interview

It was very informative. The manager was very helpful and answered all the questions I had. And was very patient when I had to decline the job. I did not get to speak to the retail manager first which a little disheartening but I did eventually and he was very helpful.

Interview Questions

The pay was too little then I could afford. And I needed more hours then I was offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mayfield, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

I had actually applied for hostess in the beginning. I came in and checked in and had an interview. the man told me they didn't need anymore minors, but that I had done great and he really wanted to hire me. he put me on first call list incase they fired someone or someone quit. I got less than 5 miles down the road and he called me back and asked me about working in retail and I said yes. so I went back for another interview. the man had pulled the head of the retail to the side and said I would make such a great fit and how much he liked me and my personality. it was so nice. after talking to the retail managers I got the job on the spot. the questions were so easy I just thought I was talking to them. they were so nice and I'm
    so excited to start my new job!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my favorite stores to shop at and why they were my favorite. they also asked about bad experiences I had while shopping.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Beaumont, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was emailed the day after applying, manager was severely friendly over the phone and in person. He interview me at a table near the back area. He asked general questions about my employment history, when i will be available, and how i am with others. He complimented my good qualities (and how I dressed for the interview). After telling me I'm qualified, he let me know I will hear back from him this week.

Retail Interview

Interview

The overall process was pretty easy. I had a total of two interviews. Both were relaxed, they took place in the dining area and I was offered something to drink. The man who interviewed me the first day had a piece of paper with him and openly graded me as I responded to his questions. He told me to come back the next day for another interview. This next interview was sans grading and I could tell the woman was really just looking for someone with an outgoing personality who would start up conversations with her customers. (This is where I failed as I had trouble hiding my introvertedness). She told me she had interviewed a few other people and would call everyone on Monday to let them know either way. (Needless to say this call never came). But anyway, the whole process was informal, quick and relatively painless in my opinion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Zanesville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out a paper application, even though they had printed the one I had submitted online. I then was met by the retail manager, in which skimmed over company policies. From that point it more or less was more like I was at lunch with an old friend. There weren't really any questions asked, but we were exchanging stories of our retail experiences. She said I'd have second interview with store manager, and I'd be hearing from him in the next week, and have not heard anything.

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Conyers, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was unprofessional and unprepared (interview didn't even know that they had and interview that day). It took about 35 minutes for the interviewer to be ready to interview me.The interview was fairly short and was very laid back. I was asked about how I learned about the restaurant, what I enjoyed about the restaurant. I was asked about my availability and if I had reliable transportation. I got the job, however I had a hard time even getting put on the clock.

Interview Questions

• When did you accomplish something that was initially very hard?   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2014.

Interview

I originally applied online for a cracker barrel near me that was just opening. After about 3 days I received a phone call stating that they had seen my online application and wanted me to come in sometime Monday-Friday Between 9-5 and fill out an application and get an interview on the spot. I came and filled out the application in person I had originally applied for a busser/dishwasher job. One of the managers told me that they didn't have time that specific day for an interview but scheduled a specific time for the following week for me to go in for an interview. By the time I came in for my interview the restaurant was actually opened. They called in a manager and she interviewed me at an empty table and she offered me something to drink. Originally I met with one of the managers who decided that I wouldn't be the best fit for a busser/dishwasher job. As soon as one of the other managers sat down with me for the interview it became clear that they intended to give me a job. I brought in a resume that only had my volunteer experience since after all this will be my first job. She looked over that and my resume. Next we talked about what position would fit me best and she suggested a retail job. Basically she said I would greet customers, help them if they need anything, and gift wrap since they offer gift wrapping for free year round. I wrote on my application and hinted in the interview that I would also be interested in a hostess position. She told me that the host positions are currently full but if they needed someone I would be able to become a hostess. We talked about my plans for college and my ability to transfer and start cross-training for other positions once I become 18 since I am currently a rising high school senior. She had me fill out different paper work which basically told her when I would be available to work during the summer and she had me write down separately when I would be able to work during the school year. Then I signed a paper stating I had never committed a felony etc. Then she gave me a paper telling me what the uniform was and a list of things to bring to the orientation and we scheduled my orientation for next week. I look forward to working there as my first job :)

Interview Questions

• Do you plan to go to a local college?
      Are you interested in retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation she offered me 8.50 an hour and I gladly accepted

Retail Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2014.

Interview

It was a very friendly interview just a few questions about your personality. It was in the restaurant and was told what I had to do and how they are like a family and would love for me to be apart of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Hammond, IN).

Interview

Most people applying have barely made it through high school. If you are semi-intelligent, they will love you. I was not only hired on the spot, I was also offered a management position in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw your boss stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They start all employees at minimum wage.

Retail Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

went into store, filled out job application. Got interviewed by the retail manager then immediately got interviewed by the general manager. took about 2 weeks to really get in once i got hired as they were too busy to call me back

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation