Cracker Barrel Retail Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Retail Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Online application. Head hunter contacts you to set up a face to face interview near your home town. Complete a drug screen and background check. Complete a psychological test. Head hunter contacts you to offer the position to one of the 3 stores you were willing to work at once all testing results are confirmed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was expected to provide customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter, then two Retail DM's on two separate occasions

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, same retail manager behavioral and scenario questions I have been exposed too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for what I wanted, they met me in my middle range and quoted bonus would make up the difference.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Arlington, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mount Arlington, NJ).

Interview

Interview, test, drug test, second interview, hire!

Interview Questions

• specific coaching and strong growth guest loyalty example from your past. pros and cons s. they can smell BS. be confident in how you achieved your end result. also mention how you went to improve e the staff behaviors for the next time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

just a fair offer and I accepted.

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone face to face with a HR person. Then two additional interviews with two Different DM's. May have to interview with the RVP. Depends on area and availability. Think the HR interview has been eliminated now.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions- tell me a time you had to handle a difficult employee/customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Palm Beach, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

One hour interview, quiz, agree to background check. Availablity, willing to travel.. Dress code. Job requirements. Discuss salary and bonus options. How to discipline employees. Expectations of the company. Previous job history.

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2010.

Interview

I had to take a test that gave all different types of scenarios like figuring profit & loss and overhead and similar. I thought the test was kind of ridiculous as when hiring a manager you should be more concerned about the person being a good fit; you can teach anyone to read a spread sheet. The interviewer wasn't someone I warmed to right away which is important to me in choosing a new job. I didn't feel his questions really pertained to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Questions about partnering with the restaurant side and clearing tables, etc.   1 Answer

I think I'd hate working at cracker barrel. I mostly did it for the interview experience and practice.