Cracker Barrel Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.0

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Frackville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Frackville, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming. As I was waiting for the interview to start I was asked if I needed anything or if I would like something to drink. I was interviewed by the Retail Sales Manager and it took roughly 15 minutes. Although I have no retail experience because I am in high school, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
  • What is something you like? Try to sell that to me.   1 Answer
  • Do you have any retail experience?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time when you had to work in a group setting and how you handled working in that type of setting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

The former manager was very rude. I believe he didn't like older women. He is no longer at this location. I dealt with him twice within a year and a half time. He didn't want to interview me let alone hire me.

Interview Questions

• nothing. He told me to go online at snagajob.com   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

It went well. I am still in high school so there were a lot of questions about school. It was a very casual interview. Had to wait almost an hour for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Garden, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Winter Garden, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called the same day to set up an interview for three days later. I came in and waited about twenty minutes for my interview and during the wait, I sensed that I didn't get the job. However the interview went on, the Retail manager came and spoke about the position I applied for and asked about my availability. He spoke for the majority of the time and after asked if I had any questions for him so he could basically talk some more. I barely said a word and wasn't really given the opportunity to present myself, the manager seemed to have his mind set on not hiring me. At the end of the interview he gave me his business card and didnt tell me to expect a call so I knew I didn't get the job.

Just a heads up, Cracker Barrel usually gives you 3.5-12 hours a week, if you're okay with that then, go for the job otherwise don't apply.

My interview wasn't really much of an interview, so I'd say it was easy, for this particular position I'd recommend being really outgoing and being bold. Good luck to anyone applying for this position!

Anonymous Employee in Danville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Danville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

After waiting around 1 and 1/2 hour for my interview, the hiring manager sat at my table and apologized for the wait. You are asked basic questions before you began such as DOB, confirm the position you applied for, etc. it was actually not an easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the next morning I got a text message asking me to call to schedule an interview. They suggested one in two days at 2PM, I asked for 4PM and they accepted. I went in and was asked to sit at a table in the back. I interviewed and was asked to come back in two more days at 4:30. I went in and there were around 4 people waiting to be interviewed as well. I interviewed with the General Manager and was told a Background Check form was being Emailed to me. This background check email told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What I would do in a situation where a customer was upset.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you're applying to be a server just be as friendly as possible, because that's what they're looking for. I didn't try and negotiate anything, so I wouldn't know how to advise anyone on that, and I'll bet it varies from person to person.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Covington, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

easy simple questions. They asked things that could have been answered by a 2-year-old. I went into the interview extremely nervous but the things that were asked were extremely simple. Very simple

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Henderson, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 30 minutes, I talked with the manager, wrote out when I'd be available, told why I had left my former job, shook hands, and got an email to fill out information for my employment. I was very excited to start and the interview was not stressful, m experience there is great and I encourage everyone to look into this position as a fun and unique employment opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you most comfortable with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Buford, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was not hard at all, the manager who interviewed me was very welcoming and it may be because I am very good at interviews but it was very easy to talk through and the questions were pretty generic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunn, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Dunn, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was really weird. I came in and sat in the restaurant area and had to wait at least 10 minutes for someone to be with me. The interview was mostly her asking me to describe issues I had with previous employers, and then she would respond and describe how Cracker Barrel wasn't like that. Really odd. It also took them about three weeks to contact me about getting the job, which was really annoying when she said it would only take about three days.

Interview Questions

• What was an issue you had with a previous employer?   1 Answer