Cracker Barrel Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Altamonte Springs, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Due to a little incident on the way to my interview I got there like 15 minutes late, I called and let them know what what's going on, the interviewer was very understanding and told me not to worry about it. When I got there the interview lasted like five minutes, he just asked me a little about me and why Cracker Barrel, then he proceeded to talk to me about their philosophy and that even though I had not sales experience i had a lot of volunteerism and that's something they valued. One week later they asked through email for a background check, the company contacted me to confirm some other information, and about 5 days later I got an email telling me that I was part of their family and that somebody will call me for orientation, they also sent me how I was supposed to go dressed that day. That night I went and spent 40 dollars to get slacks, shirt and shoes . 4 days went by without hearing from them, so I called, the person who answered said that the girl that gives the orientation date couldn't go and that she'd there 2 days later, I called again, they told me she wasn't there neither and that I should call 2 days later because she'd be there. The third time I called, she was finally there. Guess what? She said there wasn't any records of me being interviewed or given an offer and that it was a "system problem". I told her who interviewed me and when, and that I could send the emails so she can see them, she wasn't interested in that and insisted I wasn't interviewed. I asked to talk to the person who did the interview and she said he was on "vacation" for a month and that she can't contact him. I used to admire CB so much, and honestly they lost me as a costumer, they're very unorganized and not very responsible. Also they fired a lady after about 20 years of working for them for not reason at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Cambridge, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

I went in to shop one day, and began conversing with one of the sales associates, who I knew personally. I had mentioned how I had always wanted to work in their retail store, and next thing I knew, I was speaking with the retail manager. She hired me on the spot for the Christmas season, and now I will be working year-round, and am loving it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hiring process is very cut-and-dry, and these are minimum-wage entry jobs. There is not much to discuss...