Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

1.9

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

terrible interview. waited 45 mins just to talk to someone for 5 mins and later tell me they didnt have positions in the first place. unprofessional and would decline any future offers with them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Athens, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Athens, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me back the next week after applying to schedule an appointment for an interview. I showed up at the designated time, and they sat me down with one of the managers. The process wasn't too difficult at all. I was just open, honest, used impressive vocabulary, and had simple answers prepared. It was a breeze. A follow-up interview was scheduled, and that went better than the first.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to come back to work the next shift after completing the current shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

I sat with the general manager. She was very kind, up beat, and friendly. She was willing to work with me on my experience and try to find the best fit for me. After that I started training. Training is well constructed. They leave nothing to chance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cracker barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mount Pleasant, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in and sat down. A manager came out and asked me a few questions. He also made an effort to connect with me on a personal level which made me feel more comfortable with the interview. Questions weren't too hard, but did require some thought. Good people.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I applied online and was called the very next day to come in for an interview the very same day so it was very quick getting an interview. I arrived early and the manager actually realized that and gave me a little praise for being early so that was nice usually that's not verbally praised whenever I show up to interviews. From there I was asked about my availability and how much I want to earn per month. What I've noticed is Cracker Barrel will hire you as long as you fit their needs and they fit your's. I actually applied to be a server but I have no previous restaurant experience only retail so I was offered a starting job as a hostess which I did take to later become a server. We agreed on the decision and I was told that all was needed was a background check and that I would contacted as soon as it came back to set up orientation/training. The background check took only 2 days and I was called and emailed welcoming me to the job and the called also set up orientation. The entire process took one week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (League City, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about coming to an interview. That was on a weekend and my interview was scheduled on a Monday. I went for an interview and was offered a job contingent upon a background check. The background check was done and I passed and was sent a "welcome to the people pleasing team" email. It said the store would be contacting me about orientation if they had not already. I went out and bought clothes and shoes for the uniform. I was very excited about the job. The store never contacted me. I called them three times and was told to call back at a different time, which I did. The last time I was put on hold for an hour and no one got back on the phone. I finally gave up.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my previous work experience and working on a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much money I would need to make.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process was very easy. I met with the trainer first who was very friendly. My second interview was with the GM, who also seemed nice. Looks can be deceiving. Overall it was very relaxed. Just wish I knew now what I knew then.

Interview Questions

• Availability, past jobs, how I handled customer complaints.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Dumfries, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 1st and 2nd interview. Both were very easy and definitely about personality and what you can bring to the restaurant! They asked things like how would you describe yourself and had you ever worked before.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

It was lengthy and in depth. A book full of scenarios and questions plus a reading on the job description to see if you would like the position. It's a little much in my opinion for an hourly restaurant job. Very corporate and many rules apply

Interview Questions

• Recall a time specifically when you went above and beyond your job description to make a guest happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Melbourne, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick. I applied on a Monday, received an email Thursday to call and schedule my interview. I called and was asked to come in the same day. There were about 10 interview questions about describing situations and how I handled them. I was told that my information was being sent out for a background check and that someone would be in contact with me to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with negative feedback from a customer and a time you had to deal with negative feedback from a supervisor and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to turn a negative guest experience into a positive.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a negative supervisor and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer