Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

1.9

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Davenport, IA).

Interview

I got hired on the second interview. Very basic. I had no experience so it was all well and good to them. However I ended up not liking the job very much.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview. Applied online. Got a text to schedule an interview within a week. Called up there to schedule it. Typical interview questions then was hired on spot. Had to wait on the background check which takes about 7-10 days though.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Cracker Barrel online and they interviewed me between two weeks. I called multiple times to the store to help speed up this process. After getting an email saying I'd been invited for an interview and open dates, I had to call the store and select one. I believe my interview time was like a Thursday at 1 pm. I did two interviews, my first was with a lower level store manager and she was incredibly friendly and just asked me about myself, the absolutes, and other simple questions. My second interview was a week later with the head store manager and was less friendly, but very informative of what Cracker Barrel expects and how I should preform. It was less of an interview and more of an introduction to the company.

Interview Questions

• What does "Urgency with a purpose" mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Milford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It lasted about 5 mins then I got invited to a second interview. The second interview was easier than the first and I was informed that they will give me a decision in 2 days. The whole process took about a week

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Overall, very easy interview process. I had two interviews, each with two different managers. The first interview seemed a bit disorganized, and for the second I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Middletown, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I called store after applying online, quickly set time the next day for interview, and arrived the following day at the decided time and promptly began a comfortable, somewhat self-guided conversation with a manager. Pretty typical stuff really.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Casa Grande, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Got an email telling me to call and set up an interview
    Did that and went to the interview
    Lady interviewing me was not very friendly I answered all her questions then she said they will call Never called

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you went above and beyond   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from one of the managers to schedule an interview. Interviewed with two managers. They told me the job was mine as soon as the background check cleared.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience as a server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was very nice and they have a very friendly environment. However the lady who deals with the new employees was not very nice over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Middletown, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I asked about a job after eating at Cracker Barrel and they gave me a card which referred me to an online application. I filled it out and submitted information for a background check and completed a type of personality test. I then was called about scheduling an interview, attended the interview, and was told that I would be accepted if my background check cleared. I waited a few days, and I was hired.