Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a email for an Interview the same day I applied but later that night. Went into the interview that was very straight forward and pretty easy. They asked about my availability and about myself. Then at the end, he told that he wanted me to come in the next day for a second interview. I went in and met with a female manager, she asked about my available and went straight into telling me about the uniform, wage and what is expected. I was then told I got the job! Pretty much a 2-3 day process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Slidell, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was called the same day I applied to set up an interview for the following day. There was a black out but I still went and they still interviewed me. The interview lasted about 10 minutes in the dinning room. Was very easy and laid back and was hired on the spot. Got my back round check that same day and was able to easily fill it out in about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Hammond, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed less than thirty minutes later asking me to call and schedule an interview. I was offered a same day interview later that afternoon. There were two short interviews and I was hired right away. The offer is tentative, so you must pass a background check in order to be actually hired. My background check came back clean 2 days later, and I was then able to have my orientation 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email months after I applied. First interview was with server manager, second interview was with GM. I was given a menu after first interview but no questions were asked about the menu.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a coworker that was slacking when it was busy?   Answer Question
    • I was asked do you have any questions at the beginning, middle and end of interview.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and organized. I got a second interview and then was offered a job on the spot. Very comfortable interview, very public setting, very friendly and outgoing staff all were very accommodating.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

terrible interview. waited 45 mins just to talk to someone for 5 mins and later tell me they didnt have positions in the first place. unprofessional and would decline any future offers with them.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Athens, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me back the next week after applying to schedule an appointment for an interview. I showed up at the designated time, and they sat me down with one of the managers. The process wasn't too difficult at all. I was just open, honest, used impressive vocabulary, and had simple answers prepared. It was a breeze. A follow-up interview was scheduled, and that went better than the first.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to come back to work the next shift after completing the current shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

I sat with the general manager. She was very kind, up beat, and friendly. She was willing to work with me on my experience and try to find the best fit for me. After that I started training. Training is well constructed. They leave nothing to chance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cracker barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mount Pleasant, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in and sat down. A manager came out and asked me a few questions. He also made an effort to connect with me on a personal level which made me feel more comfortable with the interview. Questions weren't too hard, but did require some thought. Good people.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I applied online and was called the very next day to come in for an interview the very same day so it was very quick getting an interview. I arrived early and the manager actually realized that and gave me a little praise for being early so that was nice usually that's not verbally praised whenever I show up to interviews. From there I was asked about my availability and how much I want to earn per month. What I've noticed is Cracker Barrel will hire you as long as you fit their needs and they fit your's. I actually applied to be a server but I have no previous restaurant experience only retail so I was offered a starting job as a hostess which I did take to later become a server. We agreed on the decision and I was told that all was needed was a background check and that I would contacted as soon as it came back to set up orientation/training. The background check took only 2 days and I was called and emailed welcoming me to the job and the called also set up orientation. The entire process took one week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation