Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

1.9

148 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Casa Grande, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online
Got an email telling me to call and set up an interview
Did that and went to the interview
Lady interviewing me was not very friendly I answered all her questions then she said they will call Never called

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you went above and beyond   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was very nice and they have a very friendly environment. However the lady who deals with the new employees was not very nice over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

It was lengthy and in depth. A book full of scenarios and questions plus a reading on the job description to see if you would like the position. It's a little much in my opinion for an hourly restaurant job. Very corporate and many rules apply

Interview Questions

• Recall a time specifically when you went above and beyond your job description to make a guest happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremen, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Bremen, GA).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one I waited 40 minutes then the manager approached me and told me he was busy and I would just have to come back. So I came back a week later and waited an hour . I interviewed with the general Manger, who pretended he wasn't the manager and changed his story quite a few times. He didn't ask me any interview questions, he just asked me why I couldn't work mornings and where I went to school. He then said he'll call me in a few days and when I reached to shake his hand, he walked off. Both managers were horribly rude, it wasn't a good experience at all.

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Davenport, FL).

Interview

I applied inside, filled out the application, and had my first interview that day. Told me the time and date of the second interview and I went home. Pretty successful interview.

The second interview was not so much. The manager that approached me, after 25 minutes of waiting, was very unprepared. Ran back and forth into the office three times. Didn't know what questions to ask, what position I was applying for, or if it was my first or second interview. After that was over, said I was hired and they would call that day and let me know when orientation was.

I ended calling them to ask about orientation. They seemed confused, as if they didn't know who I was, and then told me the time of orientation. Two days later, the training manager calls me and tells me all about orientation. The lack of communication is astonishing.

I later found out that the manager that hired me was not the hiring manager. I didn't meet the hiring manager until I was already hired. No wonder they were so confused.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Zanesville, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

My firat interview with the store manager went great. He set me up for a second interview with the general manager. When I went back for that, he came out and introduced himself, asked if I was who he had listed on his paper, said that he didn't see any serving experience on my application and told me to have a nice day. Then he got up and left.

Interview Questions

• The only thing he asked was my name.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

was interviewed by three managers, all giving me imaginary scenarios, and asking how I would respond in each situation

Interview Questions

• why do I think I'm good enough to work for CB   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Maumee, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Simple, was nervous as with any interview, hiring managers very kind and accommodating. I applied online on a Sunday morning and not twenty minutes later I got a call back. I got a Tuesday interview, a second interview that following Thursday and was hired on the spot and started that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email months after I applied. First interview was with server manager, second interview was with GM. I was given a menu after first interview but no questions were asked about the menu.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a coworker that was slacking when it was busy?   Answer Question
    • I was asked do you have any questions at the beginning, middle and end of interview.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and organized. I got a second interview and then was offered a job on the spot. Very comfortable interview, very public setting, very friendly and outgoing staff all were very accommodating.