Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (League City, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about coming to an interview. That was on a weekend and my interview was scheduled on a Monday. I went for an interview and was offered a job contingent upon a background check. The background check was done and I passed and was sent a "welcome to the people pleasing team" email. It said the store would be contacting me about orientation if they had not already. I went out and bought clothes and shoes for the uniform. I was very excited about the job. The store never contacted me. I called them three times and was told to call back at a different time, which I did. The last time I was put on hold for an hour and no one got back on the phone. I finally gave up.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my previous work experience and working on a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much money I would need to make.

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process was very easy. I met with the trainer first who was very friendly. My second interview was with the GM, who also seemed nice. Looks can be deceiving. Overall it was very relaxed. Just wish I knew now what I knew then.

Interview Questions

• Availability, past jobs, how I handled customer complaints.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Dumfries, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 1st and 2nd interview. Both were very easy and definitely about personality and what you can bring to the restaurant! They asked things like how would you describe yourself and had you ever worked before.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

It was lengthy and in depth. A book full of scenarios and questions plus a reading on the job description to see if you would like the position. It's a little much in my opinion for an hourly restaurant job. Very corporate and many rules apply

Interview Questions

• Recall a time specifically when you went above and beyond your job description to make a guest happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Melbourne, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick. I applied on a Monday, received an email Thursday to call and schedule my interview. I called and was asked to come in the same day. There were about 10 interview questions about describing situations and how I handled them. I was told that my information was being sent out for a background check and that someone would be in contact with me to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with negative feedback from a customer and a time you had to deal with negative feedback from a supervisor and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to turn a negative guest experience into a positive.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a negative supervisor and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward. I had conversations with 3 managers, went through the job requirements and their expectations. We also talked about my expectations and how they train every new employee. After that I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (New York, NY).

Interview

Met 1:1 with general manager as soon as I put my application in and was hired immediately, on the spot. No tension or nervousness at all. Very laid back experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if the customer is not happy about their order, says it was wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Came in during a busy lunch. Asked to sit down in the middle of these peak hours. Very Nice Manager, easy to talk to. Asked me About My Experiences with Restaurants and Customers. Always was Courteous and Smiling.Even at the end offered me a couple of Cornbreads for a Snack. ;)

Interview Questions

• What is my strongest asset? How do you handle Problems?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Started off with coming into the store to get an application. I filled out the application and briefly spoke to a hiring manager who then took my application and sat me down in one of the areas of the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Orangeburg, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

They emailed me and instructed me to call in to schedule an interview. I scheduled for Monday at 2 P.M . The interview was easy , it was more of a conversation than an interview. I didn't get hired due to my shyness. If you really want this job you must smile CONSTANTLY, don't break eye contact and talk energetically ( don't seem shy ) .. But it was very easygoing.