Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

1.9

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Middletown, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I asked about a job after eating at Cracker Barrel and they gave me a card which referred me to an online application. I filled it out and submitted information for a background check and completed a type of personality test. I then was called about scheduling an interview, attended the interview, and was told that I would be accepted if my background check cleared. I waited a few days, and I was hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Montgomery, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a email for an Interview the same day I applied but later that night. Went into the interview that was very straight forward and pretty easy. They asked about my availability and about myself. Then at the end, he told that he wanted me to come in the next day for a second interview. I went in and met with a female manager, she asked about my available and went straight into telling me about the uniform, wage and what is expected. I was then told I got the job! Pretty much a 2-3 day process.

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Slidell, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was called the same day I applied to set up an interview for the following day. There was a black out but I still went and they still interviewed me. The interview lasted about 10 minutes in the dinning room. Was very easy and laid back and was hired on the spot. Got my back round check that same day and was able to easily fill it out in about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Hammond, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed less than thirty minutes later asking me to call and schedule an interview. I was offered a same day interview later that afternoon. There were two short interviews and I was hired right away. The offer is tentative, so you must pass a background check in order to be actually hired. My background check came back clean 2 days later, and I was then able to have my orientation 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email months after I applied. First interview was with server manager, second interview was with GM. I was given a menu after first interview but no questions were asked about the menu.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a coworker that was slacking when it was busy?   Answer Question
    • I was asked do you have any questions at the beginning, middle and end of interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lake Oswego, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Three minutes of, "Oh, Welcome to cracker Barrel" There wasn't much else. I had experience in the industry so I was put at the top of the pile. I had hoped it was because my resume was full of experience, but sadly they were just filling the 200 positions they started with.

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work? Do you have transportation? ( literally the only questions asked)   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and organized. I got a second interview and then was offered a job on the spot. Very comfortable interview, very public setting, very friendly and outgoing staff all were very accommodating.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

terrible interview. waited 45 mins just to talk to someone for 5 mins and later tell me they didnt have positions in the first place. unprofessional and would decline any future offers with them.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Athens, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me back the next week after applying to schedule an appointment for an interview. I showed up at the designated time, and they sat me down with one of the managers. The process wasn't too difficult at all. I was just open, honest, used impressive vocabulary, and had simple answers prepared. It was a breeze. A follow-up interview was scheduled, and that went better than the first.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to come back to work the next shift after completing the current shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

I sat with the general manager. She was very kind, up beat, and friendly. She was willing to work with me on my experience and try to find the best fit for me. After that I started training. Training is well constructed. They leave nothing to chance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cracker barrel?   1 Answer