Cracker Barrel Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

1.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Great.Nice people. very courtsey. Kind and informative. People were helpful in describing the job required. Very easy to work with management. very professional. I enjoy the professional interview. It was very informative for me as to what I was expected to do in my role as a waitress.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2016.

Interview

My interview was very easy, I have four + years experience as a waitress and a bartender my interview process was a total of about three days, went in for my first interview on a Monday and my second on a Wed and I was offered the job. I am gonna start as soon as my background check is completed. Nice and great managers plus an overall great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (North Charleston, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

Just asked basic questions about how to handle a customer, hectic environment. They wanted to know about prior experience and interest in working at cracker barrell. They also asked about how we would handle unhappy customers and a sticky situation. Overall the interview was easy and the interviewer was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a restaurant before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Brandon, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Answered questions did paper work had a tour in the restaurant did online quizzes and test. Had a group meeting/interview meet the manager taste the sampler which is all kinds of Cracker Barrel food

Working morning shifts

Anonymous Employee in Troutville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Troutville, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Short and sweet- got hired the day of turning in the application and interview
    Started an orientation within the week and lasts about a week as well... The first day is paperwork and safety videos, next comes online quizzes (for menu and personality) that take forever, and then on the floor training with another server

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any serving experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through Snagajob and was called several days later for an interview. Went to the interview, the questions were easy however I didn't get the job most likely due to the fact that I was 17 and Cracker Barrel did not want to pay for hour long lunch breaks required for minors.

Waitress Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in for an interview. Waiting to hear something.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Buford, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was one of many students interviewed for the waitress position. The interviewer only cared that I could interact with customers in a friendly manner. The interviewer asked me if I spoke any languages other than English; this is a desirable skill for Cracker Barrel as there are many Spanish-speaking customers who eat there, as well as Japanese-speaking customers due to the Japanese manufacturing facility nearby.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Albany, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online and called two weeks later. They pulled my application out of the stack and had me come in two days later for an interview. There were a few questions like "what is your favorite dish" and "how would you treat a customer". It was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I knew anything about the business and how it started.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just took the job and requested flexible hours due to being a full time student.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tulsa, OK) in October 2009.

Interview

They just didn't seem organized. I came in with my application and they told me to come back at another time for an interview. Then they made me wait and didn't really ask anything.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer