Crain Communications Reporter Auto News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Reporter Auto News Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI) in September 2018.

Interview

Interviewed for about 45 minutes on the phone with a Crain recruiter. T he interview went about as well as one could hope for, and I was told to expect a call from a hiring manager within ONE WEEK. After not hearing back for two weeks, I followed up with recruiter who told me everything was still hunky dory and that the hiring manager was on vacay, thus the delay, and planning to reach out to me the following week. Didn't hear back. So I followed up again two weeks later. This time I was told there had been no changes to the position but that there was likely some "urgent matters" the hiring manager had to address that were causing the hang up. I was asked by the recruiter to remain patient -- "I hope you can hang with us as we get there," the recruiter wrote in the email. Another two weeks passed, and I emailed the recruiter again. And on this email -- MIND YOU, SIX FULL WEEKS AFTER THE INITIAL INTERVIEW AND BEING TOLD THAT A HIRING MANAGER WOULD BE IN TOUCH -- the recruiter tells me that they currently are no longer filling the position externally at the time (it's being filled internally) and that maybe it might open up again at the beginning of next year. I understand things change and hiring expectations can fluctuate for a company, especially at the end of the year when budgets are being considered. But Auto News made at least one new hire during the six weeks where I was kept in constant limbo. All in all, it's hard not to walk away from this experience feeling like I got jerked around for a month and a half. My advice is don't waste your time with these folks unless they are actually responsive because they will leave you in limbo with zero regards for you as a job seeker. This being said, the recruiter who built up false expectations of a hiring manager getting touch was consistently responsive and very nice.

Interview Questions

• Basic Qs -- tells us about your work, experience and familiarity with the publication   Answer Question