Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. I was called on the phone about 4 days later and asked if I could answer some questions at that time. I was informed about the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Could I work in an environment where I would be exposed to jet fuel and fumes on a daily basis?
      Could I work first or second shift?
      Could I work overtime up to 14 hours a day during peak times?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Bottom line:
    Good preparation will make the interview easy.

I prepared for the interview by:

(1) Reading, on Glassdoor.com, questions that many other people were asked during Crane Inc. interviews. I wrote my own answers and memorized them. During the phone interview (and the later on-site interview), I found that this preparation helped a lot.

(2) Reading other web sites with interview questions (some with answers too). I found hundreds questions. I didn’t have time to figure out answers to them all, but I wrote my own answers to several of the more commonly asked questions.

(3) Reading web sites with questions to ask the interviewers (as soon as they ask “Do you have any questions?”).

After all this preparation, I was able to answer almost all of their questions instantly.

During both interviews (phone and on-site), there were several technical questions from the prospective manager and a few standard HR type behavioral questions.

During the on-site interview, I was given a tour of several parts of their facility.

After the phone interview, but before the on-site interview, I was asked to take a “behavioral traits assessment” on the web site of another company, which turned out to be a “Big Five” personality test. I was told that there are no right or wrong answers. I think that’s true for most of the questions, but there are some exceptions that might make some people hesitate to hire you.

There are several web sites that let you take Big Five tests anonymously and which tell you how they judge your personality. I suggest using a few them before doing any employer’s version. The latter tells the judgement only to the employer, and I like to have some idea what the employer is being told.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked several, but not all of the same questions that other people provided on Glassdoor.com. And they asked a few of the standard HR type behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Burbank, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview by HR rep which was not too structured and made the whole process comfortable and pleasant that turned into a relaxed conversation to know more about me. The interview was straight on point and they followed just like they said they would.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with both the hiring manager and manager from the department. Brief overview of what the company did as a whole and what thwit company did specifically. Pretty straight forward with asking questions .

Interview Questions

• They wanted detailed answers on what you did, your role in the previous company, what goals you had, and how did you do when faced with problems at work.   Answer Question

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Called me to set up a phone interview within the hour. I returned the call and it worked-out but I wasn't prepared to bring my "A" game. Salary Negotiation started on subsequent calls before the face to face interview. Had a panel interview that was rescheduled a couple times that seemed to have good results. Never got a call back after leaving voice mails and several emails, nothing: Not even a Delivery or Read receipt. I would expect an answer within a month; one way or the other. Nothing. I would expect a reply to the emails with some explanation of why it was taking so long, Nothing. I would expect a return call. Nothing. Poor form from the very start.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Burbank, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Applied Online.
    2) Received a call direct from the Supervisor asking if I could on the spot have a short phone interview.
    3)After the phone interview they ask me if could come for a 1:1: interview.
    4)During the interview they took me for a tour around the facility.The Tech area is very small.
    5) After the interview they told that I would have a second round of interview.
    6)Asked for update status.
    7)Never got a replay back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions.Nothing really hard or absurd.Fair questions.
      Personal life questions, like ,why are you leaving your current job,what kind of salary.are you looking for and ,would you stay for the long term.They sound like nice people but one sound a little bit stress out.That a least the vibe a felt at the moment.   Answer Question

Materials Manager; Materials & Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Pensacola, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through two calls and was told that the next would be from Ops manager. Their internal Recruiter said that I met all of the requirements for the Material Manager and was qualified for the position. Next call Never happened, called the recruiter and was told that the Ops manager decided on other candidate. Two weeks later, new job posting changed Job name from Materials Manager to Materials & Procurement Manager. Called their internal recruiter and was told that if qualified I would get a call, but she did not think so. No other information was provided. Don't believe that they really wanted an external hire, but we're going through the paces to meet some kind of requirement.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my resume, previous employment and whether I knew what the produced.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

They ask most of the questions from undergraduate, even if you have advanced degree. No technical questions at all. Looks like they standard questionnaire. They only ask behavioral questions specifically from
    undergraduate projects.

Analyst Systems II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

There was first a phone interview in which I had to talk to about 6 people on the other line about my prior experience. Afterwards the in person interview involved sitting at a conference table with the same people fielding different questions. The questions ranged from discussing prior work experience to how I would feel about certain hypothetical work problems. Nothing technical in terms of programming ability was discussed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about issues with the project that result it in being late that aren't your fault?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions