Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.7

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview

He ask me were I work before. Show me around the area that I would be work at. As me a few question on thing we were looking. He let me know that it was going to take a few day. I will be a temp. to hire employee. I was a temp for 20 month.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Straight forward and intimate environment. Panel consisted of friendly people who seem to know the industry well. They ask questions from your resume and there is nothing tricky about those questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

If you wanna continue to do the same thing which has been done for the last 50 years! this is the right place, 100% boring 👎Very unprofessional! Don't waste your time with a company which their HR doesn't even know the basics of hiring process. Very old fashioned company from management and engineering groups to manufacturing facilities.

Interview Questions

• All personal from high school all the way to your last degree, but not from your industry experience, the manager was sorry to ask the questions but HR prepared those, stay away, not gonna learn anything here👎   Answer Question

Out dated company, Maybe for retirement age I come back

Test Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. Reviewed resume and asked questions about previous companies and schooling experience. Nothing out of the usual. Asked if I would pass a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions. Weaknesses, former projects, why they should hire you, ect.   Answer Question

Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. I was called on the phone about 4 days later and asked if I could answer some questions at that time. I was informed about the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Could I work in an environment where I would be exposed to jet fuel and fumes on a daily basis?
      Could I work first or second shift?
      Could I work overtime up to 14 hours a day during peak times?
      Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview

Got an email to set up a phone interview. After the 30 min-1 hr phone interview I moved on for an onsite interview. They went through an interview packet about schooling and past projects. They also asked some behavioral questions. There were not any technical questions other than those about my background.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your weaknesses? Tell me about your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of both technical and personality assessment. The personality assessment is 15 minutes questioner performed online before the interview. This consists of scenarios that cover ethics and decision making process. Assessment for businesses savy and diplomatic behavior, negotiation skills. The technical aspects are covered by a panel interview with a team.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Bottom line:
    Good preparation will make the interview easy.

I prepared for the interview by:

(1) Reading, on Glassdoor.com, questions that many other people were asked during Crane Inc. interviews. I wrote my own answers and memorized them. During the phone interview (and the later on-site interview), I found that this preparation helped a lot.

(2) Reading other web sites with interview questions (some with answers too). I found hundreds questions. I didn’t have time to figure out answers to them all, but I wrote my own answers to several of the more commonly asked questions.

(3) Reading web sites with questions to ask the interviewers (as soon as they ask “Do you have any questions?”).

After all this preparation, I was able to answer almost all of their questions instantly.

During both interviews (phone and on-site), there were several technical questions from the prospective manager and a few standard HR type behavioral questions.

During the on-site interview, I was given a tour of several parts of their facility.

After the phone interview, but before the on-site interview, I was asked to take a “behavioral traits assessment” on the web site of another company, which turned out to be a “Big Five” personality test. I was told that there are no right or wrong answers. I think that’s true for most of the questions, but there are some exceptions that might make some people hesitate to hire you.

There are several web sites that let you take Big Five tests anonymously and which tell you how they judge your personality. I suggest using a few them before doing any employer’s version. The latter tells the judgement only to the employer, and I like to have some idea what the employer is being told.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked several, but not all of the same questions that other people provided on Glassdoor.com. And they asked a few of the standard HR type behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Wayne, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Very informal interview. Couple of questions on my skills and resume. Walk around facility, visit different departments. Asked if I thaught could I Perform the type of work required.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I thaught I could Perform this type of work required.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one on-site interview with two managers and one peer. The interview questions were fair and mostly were about your academic and working history. They will pop technical questions as you explain certain responsibilities in your work history, so there weren't a separate section just to get technical. You also get a tour of the Burbank facility. Their systems test lab is world class, very organized, clean and very modern. The manufacturing equipment don't look very advanced however, but it's normal in many industrial companies.

However, I had a very negative experience after the interview. It took Crane more than 2 weeks to follow up with their decision, but when they called, the quoted ball park salary figure changed. I tried negotiating like every job, and received an upsetting call directly from the hiring manager and he said "it sounded as if it was all about the money" and threatened to withdraw the offer. I don't think I was professionally handled, and I wasn't about to join such a team at a valuation below my own. Therefore I kept looking.

Interview Questions

• What was the proudest accomplishment in your college career/your current company.   Answer Question