Crate and Barrel Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.0

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application and was called that day for an interview. Went into store the next day for interview and was interviewed with another candidate. Interview was casual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Pick out something from the floor and explain the buyer profile and how you would sell it to them   Answer Question
  • How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Crate and Barrel

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

I did a phone interview for them to see if I should come in for a face to face interview. It was quick and simple. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was an open interview, a walk in. You have to specify you really want the job, then you can get it. Showcase your customer and problem-solving skills. It was a group interview so make sure you speak when it's your turn.

Interview Questions

• What has a customer done to you that you need to resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very straight forward. i had no issues because I knew what the job entailed and was willing to work the days they needed me. I liked the girl who interviewed me and she was helpful in the training process.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work weekends   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

Brief behavioral interview, then there were many sheets of paper to sign. The interview was just a formality. The interviewer was very relaxed and the interview was also very relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first, asking about what you find important in retail and customer service. Next was a one on one interview, but in a large space where 5 interviews are happening simultaneously. The interviewer mainly asked about experience and analyzes your values/demeanor to decide if they are in line with the company's expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Bridgeport, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic. Seasonal interview's are not too in-depth. And you not get a lot of hours to work because they hire a large amount of seasonal workers. The said I may be kept on but it was not guaranteed because when the holiday is over the sales go down. Which means a large staff is no longer needed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Crate and Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening that lasted for maybe 15 minutes. After the phone screening was over, I was asked to come in for an in person interview later on that week. When I first came in, they asked me to wait for the person who'd be interviewing me. I walked around the store awkwardly touching things for 15 minutes. I came in for the interview and everything went very smoothly. I had a really casual and laidback conversation with a manager. I was offered the job on the spot. Told that it was seasonal but could become permanent with hard work.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel in October 2014.

Interview

First I got a call from the company representative requesting me to come for personal interview and bring my CV , then at the time of interview the Manager was able to interview me in the right time , we discuss about my previous working experience. She also asked me on how do I deal when it comes in selling retail products. It was a very healthy conversation and she said just be true to us and we will give you some pointers and training about the work that the company requires.... after 3 days they start the training for Seasonal Employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really.. I was able to handle all the questions that the interviewer asked me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We never discuss the salary but it's above the minimum wage in California area.

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Hallandale Beach, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and was asked typical interview questions.Not intense.I was not hired for the position I had applied. I was contacted a couple of weeks later and asked to interview in person for another position and was hired on the spot and asked to start in 2 days.