Crate and Barrel Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crate and Barrel Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very straight forward. i had no issues because I knew what the job entailed and was willing to work the days they needed me. I liked the girl who interviewed me and she was helpful in the training process.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work weekends   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Crate and Barrel

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

Brief behavioral interview, then there were many sheets of paper to sign. The interview was just a formality. The interviewer was very relaxed and the interview was also very relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first, asking about what you find important in retail and customer service. Next was a one on one interview, but in a large space where 5 interviews are happening simultaneously. The interviewer mainly asked about experience and analyzes your values/demeanor to decide if they are in line with the company's expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Bridgeport, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic. Seasonal interview's are not too in-depth. And you not get a lot of hours to work because they hire a large amount of seasonal workers. The said I may be kept on but it was not guaranteed because when the holiday is over the sales go down. Which means a large staff is no longer needed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Crate and Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening that lasted for maybe 15 minutes. After the phone screening was over, I was asked to come in for an in person interview later on that week. When I first came in, they asked me to wait for the person who'd be interviewing me. I walked around the store awkwardly touching things for 15 minutes. I came in for the interview and everything went very smoothly. I had a really casual and laidback conversation with a manager. I was offered the job on the spot. Told that it was seasonal but could become permanent with hard work.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel in October 2014.

Interview

First I got a call from the company representative requesting me to come for personal interview and bring my CV , then at the time of interview the Manager was able to interview me in the right time , we discuss about my previous working experience. She also asked me on how do I deal when it comes in selling retail products. It was a very healthy conversation and she said just be true to us and we will give you some pointers and training about the work that the company requires.... after 3 days they start the training for Seasonal Employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really.. I was able to handle all the questions that the interviewer asked me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We never discuss the salary but it's above the minimum wage in California area.

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Hallandale Beach, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and was asked typical interview questions.Not intense.I was not hired for the position I had applied. I was contacted a couple of weeks later and asked to interview in person for another position and was hired on the spot and asked to start in 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through a Craigslist ad and got called for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview that same week. The interview went well. I really connected with the manager. I got a call that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to dealing with your coworkers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No opportunity to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very paper driven process which is kind of weird in 2014. Turned in paper application to physical location. Met with sales manager who interviewed from very standard question set. I could have been applying for ANY customer service job they were so generic. When entering the store I always look to see if employees are smiling/happy or look haggard/angry/upset. Luckily most everyone at this store gets along and are happy people regardless of what's going on. Very low stress.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing crazy or unexpected from interview. Really was text book customer service questions. I thought they were really boring and anyone could have memorized what to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, hourly rate provided

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Take note that this is for one of the outlets, not the store.

I applied to a job posting online through indeed.com, which led me to the company's website. A few days later, I got a call from the store's manager asking me about a time we could set up an interview. Three days later, the interview happened. It wasn't really much of an interview, but more of a store tour and description of the job. Towards the end, the manager had me fill out the application again (we chatted a bit while I filled out the required information), and he told me that he would "definitely" call me back--which he did a few days later. He asked if I was still interested in the position and told me to come a few days later to fill out some more paperwork.

Overall, the experience was great. I felt comfortable talking with the manager--it was almost like talking to a friend. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• He just asked about my previous retail experience. I had very little, but made it known that my first job was a seasonal position that required me to work fast in a hi-traffic environment, which I think he liked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I wasn't going to complain with the little experience I had. Pays well above minimum wage.