Cravath Swaine Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cravath Swaine Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Cravath Swaine

3.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is grueling. You meet with various (3-5) partners during the day for up to hour or so each, with some associates sprinkled in for filler. You don't know in advance who you are meeting with so you cannot prepare for the specific partner. It is an exhausting day, but you will find out at the conclusion of the day whether you have received an offer for a summer job, which is pretty worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in litigation? What is your approach to writing and research?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cravath Swaine

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial interview were with of counsel attorneys. They asked general questions regarding knowledge of privilege. Then, met with senior associate and then junior associate. Both seemed concerned in prior employment and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Why were you leaving and what do you know about us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Inquisitive associates who were looking to you to be the person who can take charge and deliver high quality work.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greater strength and your weakeness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, they told you what they were willing to give and you had a take or leave it opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in as a lateral hire upon a former partner's recommendation so interview process was very relaxed and different from traditional recruitment process. Interview was with two recruitment partners - very conversational and fit-based. Offer made on the spot with emailed offer letter the following day.