Cravath Swaine Litigation Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cravath Swaine Litigation Legal Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Cravath Swaine

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Went to office in NYC for interview where I was met by HR rep, took a proofreading quiz, filled out an application, had an interview with her, and then was led around to interview with 4 others. Those four were current paralegals and managers and I was asked questions and given the opportunity to ask them many questions as well. They seem to value you asking questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cravath Swaine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Had initial screening phone call in the middle of February, interviewed in march and was emailed about results almost 2 weeks after interview. Interviewed for 4 hours with 6 different people but each experience will be different depending on availability of litigation team. What I do wish they did differently was tell me earlier that they did not want to hire instead of making me wait 2 weeks to hear back from anyone. The initial wait time was one week maximum to hear results.

Interview Questions

• Typical question: How does your skill set transfer over to this position?   Answer Question

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine in January 2019.

Interview

I was invited to participate in a 15 minute screening call. To the question of, "Why Cravath?" I mentioned I had a friend who worked there, which led me to being attracted to the firm for XYZ reasons. From there, she asked me who my friend was and a ton of specific questions of what my friend had told me about the position/firm. It was honestly kind of a really weird conversation. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

I had five interviews, all of which were very cordial. The interviews started with a phone screening, which then led to going into the office for the longer, in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• The job requires a lot of overtime, are you willing to do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a very brief proofreading test followed by 5, 30-minute meetings with the heads of different departments. The total interview time was 2.5-3 hours and there was only one round of interviewing. Heard back two days later with an offer. Everyone was extremely pleasant and nice, answering any and all questions that I had. Very upfront and honest about the overtime requirements. Overall the interview process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had a conflict with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First I was contacted by an HR representative for a brief phone call interview. A few days after the phone call I received an email about setting up an in-office interview. During my office interview I met briefly with the HR representative I had been in contact with who walked me through the interview process. I then met with 4 different people, one an overall manager for the litigation legal assistants, 2 litigation case managers, and an overall litigation legal services manager. Each conversation lasted about 30 minutes, everyone I met with was engaging and personal with straight-forward questions. They each gave an overview of the company and what would be expected from the role. They stressed the collaborative nature of Cravath, and were looking to hear about experiences with team work and tedious tasks

Interview Questions

• Why Cravath?
      What are your long term goals?
      How do you manage monotonous tasks?
      What was the last book you read?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Very dissapointed with this firm. This position is for entry-level cadidates. Im 26, spent 5 years in the military before college, had two great legal internships, and have now been working as a paralegal for only 1 year since graduation. I thought the interviews went great. 2 weeks later I am now told they are "focusing on bringing in entry-level talent". Being that I've only been working fulltime for a year in a entry level role, I can only assume they are referring to my military experience. Unfortunatly this is not the first time dealing with this.

Rant aside, interview wasn't difficult and focused primarily on behavioral and team based questions. Wouldn't count on getting a slot unless you are coming straight out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

two separate interviews: 30 minute interview process initially and then a 3 hour visit to the office which was comprised of a 15 minute grammar test and 4 separate half-hour interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?
      How does your previous experience prepare you for this position?
      Why do you want to work for Cravath?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a phone screen 1 week after submitting my resume, then received an onsite at the NYC office. The onsite interview is a 2-round process, first round with an HR, head of the paralegal program, and a manager in the litigation department. If you advance to the second round, you'll meet with a current paralegal, an associate, and a case manager. Everyone is extremely polite, professional, and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions: why Cravath, why law, how you deal with difficult situations, a lot of team work questions as well. They were also very honest about the overtime requirement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations as the pay was competitive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent in a resume and cover letter via email, and I heard back a week or so later. The interview was pretty basic. I met with three people. We went over my resume, and they asked me normal behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice. For such a prestigious law firm, they did not act snooty or pretentious at all. After the first-round interview, I heard back the next day. They were very flexible with dates for the second-round interview. For the second-round, I again interviewed with three people - an associate, a legal assistant, and then a case manager. Once again, they were prompt getting back to me (I heard back two days later).