Creative Breakthroughs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Penetration Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Ferndale, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Expected types of questions. They added in some cool things to break the ice a bit. I was impressed over all with the people who gave the interviews and it was nice to see that they knew what they were talking about from a technical perspective. I've found that most people read technical questions to you from a piece of paper. Overall I was impressed.

Executive Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Troy, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

1 interview with HR. Very basic and didn't seem to understand the business. No follow up after the interview although I did reach back out. I expected more based on the position they were hiring for.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Ferndale, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Wasn't as technical as I would have expected, but I later found out why. CBI does a lot of research on people prior to actually calling them. In a nutshell they already knew a lot of my abilities before I arrived. The interview itself was quick and focused on me personally.

Interview Questions

• What kind of music do I like   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Plano, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was recommended by a former colleague who now works here. The interview process (I believe) normally starts with a phone screen by HR, then 3-4 interviews (hiring manager, 2 technical, and possibly a final hiring manager and/or HR). My process went a little differently: hiring manager, 2 technical, hiring manager, then HR.

Interview Questions

• My second technical interview turned out to be a behavioral interview which kind of through me, but it worked out fine obviously.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very cordial and they were flexible on most of my points. The main sticking point was salary, and they didn't respond as well as I hoped on my counter-offer (since they are a small company). On the positive side, the hiring manager said the counter was their final offer so I didn't need to go back and forth (either accept or move on).

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Ferndale, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

On-site interview with multiple candidates. It looked like the successful candidates are already determined before the interview day. They gave me a really silly reasons why they didn't accept me

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Detroit, MI) in August 2018.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews, everyone was very pleasant and easy to talk to. They had "typical" interview questions but more about personality and your plan in life. They said there are several spots they need filled because the company is growing. They just want to make sure everyone is in the right place for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked what did I see myself doing, what path did I want to follow   Answer Question

Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Troy, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

When I first applied, it was based upon speaking with a recruiter and several employees at an industry convention. I reached out to the recruiter after the event, and provided my resume. I was brought in for an interview at the end of October, and was told that I would be contacted shortly, and was given positive feedback. I then waited around a month, and attempted to maintain contact with the recruiter, to no avail.

I had given up on hearing back until late December, when I was told to expect a further interview in January. When this date had come and gone (with several attempts to reach out to the recruiter), I had heard nothing. I was finally asked to attend another interview in February.

When I arrived to this interview in February, I was informed that it would be a group interview, with around 10 other candidates in attendance. We were told that this interview was for an 18-month "Academy" position, when I was originally told (in October) I was interviewing for a salaried junior position.

After a bizarre series of five minute interviews with several people in the organization, we were excused, and several of us were informed by text message five minutes after we were excused that CBI would like to move forward with the process.

A week after this, I was given an offer letter, for $30,000/year the first 18 months, increasing to $40,000 thereafter. Additionally, there was a clause that would require me to pay back the full value of training that I would receive if I were to leave or if I were fired before these 18 months were up. CBI valued this training at $30,000. If I were to leave or if I were fired within 18 months of joining, I would owe more than I made during that entire period. Additionally, there was a two year noncompete stipulation for an entry level position, being offered to college students. I could not accept the contract that I was given, and contacted the recruiter again, the next day.

I raised my concerns with the recruiter, and he assured me that he would address these issues. A month later, despite repeated attempts to contact the recruiter, I had not heard anything from them. Finally, a month and a half later, I reached out to another employee in a more senior role, and finally received a call from the recruiter. I was told that the decision had been made not to move forward with my negotiations several weeks prior, but they did not inform me.

My experience with this was not positive, and I would not recommend this "opportunity" to others in my position.

IT Network Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Two step process. Phone and then onsite/video. Was a relatively simple process. No trick questions. Focused on my performance/results. Started with the PS manager at the time and then had two or three other interviews.

Interview Questions

• None really difficult. Questions were focused on what I'd accomplished previously in my career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate. We agreed on terms very early in the process.

Security Consultant Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Ferndale, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple two-step process that included a short 30 minute phone interview and an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of three short 15 minute interviews with various members of the CBI organization. One unique aspect about this process is you get to meet with top level employees that in larger organization you may never even see. At first, this may sound intimidating but, it really felt casual and easygoing. The three 15 minute interviews were relatively simple and really did not involve and tough questions.

Furthermore, the recruiter that initially contacted me was very professional and worked hard to keep me updated regularly. I was also extremely impressed by her interpersonal communications skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would be a good fit for our team?   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Creative Breakthroughs (Sterling Heights, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

It’s a multi person interview from both sides. Multiple candidates, multiple managers, no real IT questions asked, it’s a matter of who you can impress and that’s it. They don’t even tell you what kind of interview you are walking into